• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hot off the truck! The NEW DLE120's are here!!!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
new toys.jpg

This is going to be a work in progress for me as but wanted to share a little info on the new batch of 2014 engines from DLE. I'm fortunate enough to be one of the guys that gets early access to new products from DLE/Valley View RC as well as a few other things so want to make sure and share my experiences both good and bad (if necessary...) These will be on the shelves in the next month so why not get a sneak peek here!

:grrreat:

Just to wet your appetite's here's a few pics of the new DLE120 and what comes in the box:

IMG_20131203_135609291.jpg IMG_20131203_135622867.jpg IMG_20131203_135643664.jpg

First off the mounting pattern is the same as the 100/111's so this will be a direct bolt on upgrade!!! I'll be putting together a 104" AJ Slick for this review so as I'm starting with the bar REALLY high... The new updated 8.4v HV ignitions come standard with the 120's. Also included from Valley View are NGK CM6's as well as the factory standoffs.

One thing I really liked are the updated stock mufflers. First, they're included!! Second is that they're now angled, both back and in. If you've ever had to cut out that annoying little crescent moon shape on the front of new cowl you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'll be the first to admit they look a little lightweight and cheap, but as long as they hold up and perform that's all I care about!!

More to come so stay tuned!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
sub'd!

My DLE30 has been nothing short of AMAZING in power and performance, and I'm sure these two new engines will continue that trend. I've had nothing but good experiences with DLE and VVRC!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 19371

This is going to be a work in progress for me as but wanted to share a little info on the new batch of 2014 engines from DLE. I'm fortunate enough to be one of the guys that gets early access to new products from DLE/Valley View RC as well as a few other things so want to make sure and share my experiences both good and bad (if necessary...) These will be on the shelves in the next month so why not get a sneak peek here!

:grrreat:

Just to wet your appetite's here's a few pics of the new DLE120 and what comes in the box:

View attachment 19372 View attachment 19373 View attachment 19374

First off the mounting pattern is the same as the 100/111's so this will be a direct bolt on upgrade!!! I'll be putting together a 104" AJ Slick for this review so as I'm starting with the bar REALLY high... The new updated 8.4v HV ignitions come standard with the 120's. Also included from Valley View are NGK CM6's as well as the factory standoffs.

One thing I really liked are the updated stock mufflers. First, they're included!! Second is that they're now angled, both back and in. If you've ever had to cut out that annoying little crescent moon shape on the front of new cowl you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'll be the first to admit they look a little lightweight and cheap, but as long as they hold up and perform that's all I care about!!

More to come so stay tuned!!!

Man I have a brand new in the box DLE-111 v3 but now I'm wishing I had that DLe-120!!!

LOOKS FREAKING AWESOME! What's the weight on that puppy? Looks like they are using the V3 reed cage as well!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Got a little more finished, basically knocked out all the tedious/time consuming stuff so the rest is all down hill! First off she's on her feet with the engine mounted, fits like the 120 was made for this plane! Baffled the cowl and mounted the dash and pilot (not in the pic yet?.

IMG_20131205_243646354.jpg

Next was programming all the servos to center and setting the failsafe in my DX18. I went with my trusty powersafe receiver so there's no need for an expander/regulators/etc. The RCEXL IBEC powers the ignition off the receiver which balances between the two A123's for robust/consistent power. One of my favorite features on the powersafe receivers too is they are a fail ON system so if the switch is interrupted for any reason every stays on whereas a regular mechanical switch fails off, breaking the circuit which also breaks my plane. (And yes, I've worn out switches and had them fail before...)

Stabs and wings are done so it's downhill from here! Look for the maiden by hopefully tomorrow!!!

IMG_20131206_220204676.jpg

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Soooo 27 degrees (in the sun) was not enough to stop me from ripping out the maiden and a few extra flights on my new 104 Slick and DLE120 combo! Just like the rest of them the Slick flew amazing and the new 120 far exceeded my expectations. The 29x9 Falcon was already swinging 6300 RPM by the second flight and extremely smooth at a 1500 RPM idle!! And don't worry there's video on its way...

slick maiden.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Soooo 27 degrees (in the sun) was not enough to stop me from ripping out the maiden and a few extra flights on my new 104 Slick and DLE120 combo! Just like the rest of them the Slick flew amazing and the new 120 far exceeded my expectations. The 29x9 Falcon was already swinging 6300 RPM by the second flight and extremely smooth at a 1500 RPM idle!! And don't worry there's video on its way...

View attachment 19471

Looks beautiful Tim, thanks for sharing the pic and update on the maiden!

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Thanks Gary! Now hot off the press, here's my 2nd flight on the DLE120/104 Slick combo!! Left the music off so you could hear the music the DLE makes. Be kind as this was only the second flight and 3rd time ever I've flown a 104 Slick...

[video=youtube_share;tkegAWFFygI]http://youtu.be/tkegAWFFygI[/video]

SnowDog

Thanks Gary! Now hot off the press, here's my 2nd flight on the DLE120/104 Slick combo!! Left the music off so you could hear the music the DLE makes. Be kind as this was only the second flight and 3rd time ever I've flown a 104 Slick...

Be Kind?! Are you kidding?! You rocked that flight, Tim! Really awesome flying, nice aggressive style! Really impressed that this was your second flight! Really well done!