• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hopping Servos

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So I my friend bought the same EF 48" Extra 300 EXP as I did, but went with the stock servos. "HS 5065 MG" We both are running the Airboss Elite 45 Amp ESC. Here is whats happening. The Elevator is jumping up and down like crazy at mid stick. Not all the way up and down, but more than a flutter. Can get it to stop if you fiddle with the stick but keeps doing it. Any idea why this is happening? Bad servo, programming issue.... Never run into this problem so Im clueless. Appreciate any feedback I can get please.

Thanks much

Bush

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Is it happening while moving other servos?

A couple things I would try is:

1) use a separate RX battery and test

2) make sure all wires are as far away from the esc and motor as possible

3) maybe a ferret ring may need to be used. Check out this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sEp4VT6NL6o

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
It happens when moving only the elevator and or other channels in conjunction.

1) I will try a separate RX batt.
2) Wires are far away from ESC and Motor.
3) The Ferret ring is still in place on throttle wire.
4) Maybe I should try putting a ferrite ring on the elevator servo wire.

Not sure if this makes any difference or not, but the receiver is a AR6210 and not using a y-connector for ailerons using the aux channel for one aileron.

Thanks for the suggestions Mike.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Ya you know it Brother.

Well none of that worked. Starting to think maybe this one servo might be bad. Took it completely out of the plane and hooked up by itself and still does it.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
How many times did you wrap the ring around the servo wire? Usually 3 times is sufficient. Other than that it sounds like a bad servo.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sounds like it may be a defective servo then. Could you get a video of what the servo is doing?

Also, how are your linkages setup? Which holes do you have them in on the servo and the control horn?