• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Homemade rocket with explosive astronaut ejection

dominicm

70cc twin V2
All things considered it went quite well although it could so easily have been a disaster. The vertical launch rail holding up the rocket slightly restricted the launch but...it did get off the ground.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Ain’t going to lie, I was expecting a little more excitement out of such a big rocket. But now, I kinda want to build one. :) I use to play with model rockets 30 years ago. Wow. I’m getting old. :confused:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ain’t going to lie, I was expecting a little more excitement out of such a big rocket. But now, I kinda want to build one. :) I use to play with model rockets 30 years ago. Wow. I’m getting old. :confused:

Agree, was expecting waaay more. I did Estes rockets 40 years ago and had some go 1000(?) feet in the air. Some were 2 stage. Easy for me as a kid though as my dad and uncle were aeronautical engineers with the Saturn V project on their resume and most likely did most of the work on the Estes rockets.