• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hitec HS7954SH on 5,9V?

Alpha20

50cc
I installed two 7954SH, one on each elevator, in my carf Extra 100cc. These are the specs;

• Specifications
  • Motor Type: Coreless
  • Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing
  • Speed (6.0V/7.4V): 0.15 / 0.12
  • Torque oz./in. (6.0V/7.4V): 333 / 403
  • Torque kg./cm. (6.0V/7.4V): 24.0 / 29.0

These are HV servos, but my question is will they work ok on 5,9V from my powerbox? Since I had them lying I'd like to use them. Batteries are LIFE 6,6V 2 x 3000 mah.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not sure about Hitec, but you can use any Futaba HV servo on any battery up to the maximum voltage rating of the servo. However, your torque and speed will be reduced depending on how much lower the voltage is that you end up using.

Alpha20

50cc
Thanks!
I plugged them in yesterday to check/setup the elevators. As you can see from the video, one of the servos was no good. Bit of a surprise- this is the first Hitec to fail on me ever. I've used Hitec for 15 years. I mailed the dealer, and he replied within an hour, and he'll send me a new. Guess it can happen with any brand..