• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hey Guys!

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Thanks Gary for making this spot for me.

For those of you who don't know, I make custom engine/motor standoffs. Whenever you are setting up a new plane you have to get the motor placement just right to get your correct CG or just to get that perfect spinner gap. In the past, you would have to buy some pre-made spacers or standoffs and stack them together along with some washers to get things just right.

Not anymore!

All you need to do is get your measurements, send them to me, and I'll make some custom designed standoffs to the exact length that you need for as little as $15 shipped.

I make these out of aircraft aluminum and each set is made to order based on your requirements. I can usually get them made and in the mail in just a day or two.

I have set up my pricing just to basically cover my expenses. With raw materials, tooling, utilities, shipping, there isn't much profit but my goal has been to just cover my expenses and provide a service to the RC community that I thought was needed.

I'll be posting pictures of standoffs here on this forum as I get time.

I also currently am making and selling prop bushings to fit the OS 33GT engine. If you have a prop that has a 10mm hole, you will need something to fill the gap between it and the motor shaft which is 8mm diameter. These bushings do just that and they are $10 for a set of 2 shipped.

Since I make everything as I receive the order I can handle special requests like:
Single or double shoulders
Threaded ends (extra charge)
Specific diameters
Specific diameter for the through hole in the standoffs
etc.

I have a website that seems like it will be a work in progress for quite a while
http://www.customstandoffs.com

Also, if you guys have any needs for different products or just suggestions I'm ready to help. Just let me know.

Thanks for looking
Craig Morgan

gyro

GSN Contributor
Happy to be a proud customer of Craig's. I used his custom standoffs on my 65" Vyper, and I had a 2mm spinner gap. Perfect size, perfect look, perfect product. Good luck with the biz Craig!

Eagle34

50cc
Not to mention he make awesome custom parts too. I got a set of plugs so I don't have to epoxy my LG in my 48" 3DHS Edge. Work perfect and were very light weight also. Thanks to Steve T for making up the drawings, I think this made things easier for Craig.

Maxx27

New to GSN!
I am a first time customer of Craig's and all I have to say is top notch service. Very helpful advice, great parts, and fast service.

I highly recommend.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
I made an extra set today of 1.75" Standoffs
If anyone needs them they are $15 shipped.
175.jpg
Also, prop bushings $10 shipped for two.

I also just finished some custom 3" Standoffs for a Hacker A100-10 going into a 104 Slick. These were fun. I made some special tooling to help me make these. They are 1" diameter at the base and the side that mates with the motor mount will fit flush against the sides of the motor mount so nothing is hanging over the edge.

custom 3.jpg

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
Happy to be a proud customer of Craig's. I used his custom standoffs on my 65" Vyper, and I had a 2mm spinner gap. Perfect size, perfect look, perfect product. Good luck with the biz Craig!

what motor and what size standoffs? im gonna need some very soon