• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Navy

Bearbow

New to GSN!
Hello, I'm a 29yr Navy pilot, retired. Into RC since 1967. Flying 120cc planes and just maidened my first jet. Love it. In No. Virginia.
Brad

WMcNabb

150cc
Thank you for your service sir!

And welcome to a neat site where a fantastic group of people focus on airplanes, and a few other topics.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Welcome aboard bro. Got any pics from your early days in R/C? I'd love to see what you were flying back in 1967!

Last edited:

Bearbow

New to GSN!
Welcome aboard bro. For any pics from your early days in R/C? I'd love to see what you were flying back in 1967!
I'll have to search for photos. I was heavy into Quickie 500 racing and probably built 20 of those. Also built/flew the Don Lowe Phoenix 7 and Bridi Dirty Birdy. Favorite was a new radical design Bipe that used a sleek Pattern style fuse. Dont recall the name but it made the cover of RCM magazine for its paint job. I won a nice platform jigsaw that i still use today. That was about '83. I started with a Heath "kit" radio and still have two old ProLine 6 radios that were phenomenal. In the basement i still have a gorgeous Kraft model "Superfli" that Joe Bridi kitted for a few years. Kraft in his later years got into full size and built basically a Pitts Special in a mono lower wing configuration. He called it the Superfli. I spray painted that as well. Has a Webra .91 still in it and running strong.