• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Headers, who makes them?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Often, like now, I could use a set of headers. I bought a set but at a little over a hundred bucks just to toss the canisters is a big waste. But, I can't find anyone that sells just the headers, no cans, no muffs, just headers. Anyone know whom does such a thing, sell just headers?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
You can also find just headers on the China hobby shop web sites. Most are aluminum or stainless and available in rigid or flex versions. Fraction of the cost of top shelf units. As far as the durability......This aluminum wrap around has been solid for the past 5 years..........

Snapshot_20150516_9.JPG

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
You can also find just headers on the China hobby shop web sites. Most are aluminum or stainless and available in rigid or flex versions. Fraction of the cost of top shelf units. As far as the durability......This aluminum wrap around has been solid for the past 5 years..........

View attachment 82095
@49dimes please list a couple, I can't find any other than HK's 50cc sized with no mention of bolt spacing.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
sdshobby.com sdshobby.net (US Warehouse) chinatoyandhobby.com

Most are listed to fit DLE engines or the appropriate cc range (ie 26-30cc etc) if it fits a DLE engine it is most likely to fit other China motors like EME, DLA, RCGF etc.....
Bolt spacing is not mentioned with the China stuff. Some of the headers are a "universal" fit by having one or both flange bolt holes elongated.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
DOH! I see Mile High showing them as well! At good pricing too! What I have not been able to find is a wrap around header for the DLE 20. The one shown on SDS or Mile high is like a straight header and would need the engine mounted with the cylinder at the 8 O clock position to get the pipe or canister in the middle of the fuse.
They don't mention drops or amounts of off set either. A common problem all of us have to deal with when trying to make something fit a particular air frame.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I went to all the sites you listed, yes they do have headers only. But, as with the few I previously found, for some reason the have the mount flange angled and this does not work on a twin. I bough a set from IBCNYOURC of which the header fits perfectly but like I mentioned the canisters are tossed, well, set aside. I guess in the big picture, as well as the cost of just headers, it is not so bad tossing the cans. Anyone need a set of 60cc cans, I hate throwing something good away.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I went to all the sites you listed, yes they do have headers only. But, as with the few I previously found, for some reason the have the mount flange angled and this does not work on a twin. I bough a set from IBCNYOURC of which the header fits perfectly but like I mentioned the canisters are tossed, well, set aside. I guess in the big picture, as well as the cost of just headers, it is not so bad tossing the cans. Anyone need a set of 60cc cans, I hate throwing something good away.
You couldn't find any on the sites I listed?