• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Header Coupler Problems

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I maidened an airplane for a friend today and a new set of Teflon couplers only lasted a few minutes. It started getting loud and by the time I landed both couplers were destroyed. I just spoke with him a little while ago and he said when he took it apart they were both melted.

It's a new DA120 with Pro Flows. There was no sign at all that this thing was hot. It was running great, it certainly wasn't lean and getting hot.

When he built the plane, he complained that the couplers were back ordered from Chief and when he got them they were thinner than he was used to and a much more transparent white. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Try couplers from Richard at WrongWay RC. I put a pair of what he sells on some DA100 headers, coupled to his designed tuned pipes. No melty, no come aparty.