• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Have DA 60/ProFlow; Need some EF Action!

So, I had a EF Extra 300 (88.5") and it crashed back in 2011.

I asked around about different airframes since I had a Brillelli 60cc and everyone pointed me to the 3DHS Slicks. Not to bash their products because I've had other 3DHS planes, but I'm really not digging it. It flies good but it didn't fly as good as my EF Extra. Plus the Slick REALLY doesn't like the wind it the wind blows 10 months out of the year it seems...

So, what do you recommend?

I have flown IMAC and enjoy precision but probably won't be making any contests because of where I live finding time to practice in the winter takes an act of god.

I'm also considering a 83" MXS which I would probably put a VVRC 40 in but also considering an electric set up.

dribar

70cc twin V2
How about the EF 91" Extra? Daniel H flies his on a da-60 and rocks it. EF is the way to dude!!

dribar

70cc twin V2
I'm flying the 91" yak on the DA-70 but also had it on the DA-60. Either way it's a great airframe / power combination. My DA-60 version was on the standard exhaust. There are a lot of guys flying with that combo. There is a build post that has my setup in it -- check it out.

vegasking

70cc twin V2
I've had the 91 with both the DA-60 w/pipe and DA-70. Yes with the 60 and pipe it will be a slight bit tail heavy, but if you move batteries as far forward as you can get them it is ok. With the 70 w/stock mufflers it was perfect. With the 60 with pipe you have the added weight of the pipe behind the cg.

007.jpg