• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Hangar 9 Sukhoi Su-26mm SE

SnowDog

[h=2]Key Features[/h]
  • Mike McConville design
  • Spektrum's A6030 High Torque and A6000 Sport servos installed
  • Hangar 9® Aluminum heavy-duty servo arms
  • Hangar 9® Fuel Filler with overflow
  • Heavy duty 20 AWG servo extensions installed
  • Pilot figure and canopy already installed
  • Fuel tank plumbed and installed
  • Low wing loading and high aileron authority
  • Unique Mike McConville trim scheme
  • Painted fiberglass cowling and wheel pants
  • Fuselage has mounting option for MTW canister or RE3 tuned pipe
[h=2]Overview[/h]With the Hangar 9 Sukhoi SU-26MM SE, all that stands between you and a no-holds-barred, giant-scale 3D experience is about a day’s worth of final assembly. That’s because it comes out of the box with Spektrum™ A6030 digital high-torque servos, their control linkages and the fuel tank already installed. About all you have to do is attach the tail, install the engine and receiver, and put on the cowl. It’s that simple.And because the Sukhoi SU-26MM SE was designed by aerobatic champ MikeMcConville, you can count on competition-level 3D performance. Its low wing loading and lightweight construction will let you fly the most extreme 3D maneuvers with absolute precision and power to spare using any of the most popular 80cc to 85cc gas engines.If you crave giant-scale 3D excitement, but simply don't have the time to build, this is your plane.[h=2]Product Specifications[/h]
Wingspan:97.0 in (246 cm)
Overall Length:91.0 in (232 cm) with spinner
Wing Area:1762 sq in (114 sq dm)
Flying Weight:21.5 - 24.0 lb (9.80 - 10.9kg)
Engine Size:58 - 85cc gas
Radio:7 channel
Servos:5 Spektrum A6030 servos and 1 A6000 on throttle (installed)
Trim Scheme Colors:Ultracote White (U870), Orange (U877), Silver (U881), Pearl Purple (U847), Black (U874)
Prop Size:24 x 10 to 27 x 10 in
Spinner Size:4-1/4 inch
Hardware Included:All hardware included
Minimum Age Recommendation:14 years
Experience Level:Advanced
Recommended Environment:Outdoor
Assembly Time:7-9 Hours
Is Assembly Required:Yes
[h=2]Needed to Complete[/h]
Recommended Evolution Engine Evolution® 80GX Spinner 41/4-inch 2-blade, predrilled Spinner 41/4-inch 3-blade, predrilled Propeller, 26C (VESS) Propeller, 27 x 10TH (Mejzlik) Muffler, Inverted, with Smoke 80GX Recommended Desert Aircraft Engine Desert Aircraft DA-85 Spinner 41/4-inch 2-blade, predrilled Spinner 41/4-inch 3-blade, predrilled Propeller, 26C (VESS) Propeller, 27 x 10TH (Mejzlik) In cowl muffler, Pitts style MTW header & MTW110 canister MTW RE-3 tuned pipe and header
[h=2]Kit Includes[/h]
[h=2]Articles, Reviews, How-Tos & More[/h]

SnowDog

Feral, I noticed you were trying to create a page for this plane, but I can't see your page or edit it or anything...are you still planning to create a page?
I created this page as sort of a test...let me know if you need help with your page, or you just want to use this one and extend it...

I've seen this plane in person at the Chicago R/C show last year...it is an awesome looking airframe...I'd love to see video of you flying one!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just deleted Feral's other wiki page, it was blank. This one is now primary.

-G

Feral

I don't know what happened there guys I was asking if anyone rates the su26 se as a hucker. The kit retails for $1700 over here and I can get a dle85 for $400ish not a bad price for a big ass plane

Feral

I spoke to the powers that be today and it looks like I'll have 1 on the way fingers crossed

Feral

Where looking at about a 3 month wait for the pics the sukhoi's are custom order over here and i have to wait for it :( once I get her in my hands I'll to a build log not that there's much to build