• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hacker a60-5s

I have been flying my hacker a60-5s on my slick for 2 years
Today when I did a tumble it started ticking landed when you turn the motor by hand you can hear and feel notch in motor its constant at 3 and 9 o'clock I guess I'll send it back to hacker or does anyone else on here have any suggestions on whats wrong
Thanks Ben

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have been flying my hacker a60-5s on my slick for 2 years
Today when I did a tumble it started ticking landed when you turn the motor by hand you can hear and feel notch in motor its constant at 3 and 9 o'clock I guess I'll send it back to hacker or does anyone else on here have any suggestions on whats wrong
Thanks Ben

Probably loose magnets

gyro

GSN Contributor
Have you ever sent any hackers back for servive and if so are they reasonable or is it going to cost me a fortune

I haven't as my Hacker experience is limited... I usually send all my repairs to [MENTION=81]Ken Man[/MENTION] (subsonicplanes) as his labor rate is downright phenomenal and I pretty much only run his motors these days.

Not sure what the AeroModel prices are, but probably wouldn't hurt to call them tomorrow and see :)

Just got a email from aero-model they are sending me a replacement motor if I read it right and it is already on its way got tracking notice from
Thanks Aero-model thats what I call great customer service!