• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Gyro's for planes

Wild man

70cc twin V2
BTW. Any one needing set up assistance please feel free to PM me or just post up here! (for the AURA 8). I have no other experience with other systems like the Demon. Let it be known though that the AURA 8 is based on fixed wing aircraft and the assigned stick priorities / proportional gains have been ardently figured by QQ Somenzini and David Ribb. Hope all you Aura users ENJOY!

Edit.....And of course all you enjoy whatever system you chose albeit Demon, Aura, Power Box etc...To me it's YOUR pleasure.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
This Aura user enjoys.
I started with Aura in the fall of 2015 when they first came out and love them.
It's windy around here, and they make all the difference in my opinion.

I now have 14 of them in everything from 30" foamies, to 30cc gas planes.
No issues, and they work as advertised.

Aura is a flight stabilizer and not a heading hold.
It doesn't fly the plane for you, but it sure does keep it under control in windy conditions.

I use them with the Taranis, and use the "S Bus" option.
Perfect

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I have been using the Admiral RX600 6-Channel DSMX Compatible Receiver with stability Plus Gyro in three of my EDF's and a few of them in my planes. they work great, easy to program and reasonably Priced. I have had no problems with any of them. they preform flawlessly.

Last edited:

WMcNabb

150cc
This Aura user enjoys.
I started with Aura in the fall of 2015 when they first came out and love them.
It's windy around here, and they make all the difference in my opinion.

I now have 14 of them in everything from 30" foamies, to 30cc gas planes.
No issues, and they work as advertised.

Aura is a flight stabilizer and not a heading hold.
It doesn't fly the plane for you, but it sure does keep it under control in windy conditions.

I use them with the Taranis, and use the "S Bus" option.
Perfect

I need to go back and figure out the Aura 8 in my Flex Cessna 170.
After attempting to fly and spending way too much time troubleshooting, I gave up.
A standard Spektrum receiver is doing the work, and the Aura is simply riding around in the airplane, unplugged.
Perhaps I need to reset all the functions and start over, since I bought the airplane second hand.

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Keep in mind that you don't need a conventional type "receiver" in that size plane if you are using a Spektrum transmitter.
Just use two satellite receivers directly to the Aura and you're all set.
There have been past issues with the tiny fragile connections on the satellites, so secure/glue them accordingly.

Good luck
Bob