• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN Covers the 2014 Horizon Indoor

SleepyC

150cc
Well, I made it! I had some unexpected work to do this morning, so I didn't make it down to the Horizon Indoor untill about 1pm. By the time I got in the door the event was in full swing. From the nice turnout for Friday afternoon I am betting Saturday is going to be off the hook!

As soon as I walked through the door I saw some familiar faces. Jase Dussia and his Dad John were hanging out at the Lukes RC booth. I ended up chatting with all of them them for almost an hour! It was truly great to see everyone!
SEC_0007.JPG

SEC_0008.JPG

SEC_0006.JPG

I was then told by a bunch of friends that came up to say HI that earlier in the day the main blower motor of the golf dome had gone out and the dome started to collapse! It dropped a full twenty feet leaving a weird sight for everyone. It got bad enough that everyone was evacuated! But thanks to a gas leaf blower and then an attending RC flying electrician, the problem with the blower was found, the blower then fixed and the dome re-infalted! Just more proof that if there is a way to fix something an RC'er will find a way to do it!

Next up I bumped into John Drake and his wife form OMP. John was hanging out and showing off his electric planes which include some killer warbirds that are RX ready and are awesome!

SEC_0001.JPG

As I milled around I bumped in to so many friends who were congratulating me about the new version of GSN I found it hard to do my job. But sometimes, hanging out with your friends is more important! And that's when I realized it. I am not the old Sleepy bound by rules and demands, I CAN HANG OUT with people, I can take less pics, and make the ones I take more personal and share my experience with you in a more organic manner. And I smiled knowing that the change that took place this summer was awesome!

So.. then as I strolled further down the dome I bumped into good friend and amazing pilot Devin McGrath.

SEC_0010.JPG

Devin was setting up the F3P donation booth. Ryan Clark, RJ Gritter, Devon McGrath, and Joseph Szczur are the team who will be representing the US for the 2015 World F3P Championships. And they need our help! I'm going to get all the info tomorrow from team manager Dave Lockhart as well as get a video of Devin's noontime demo. But basically these guys need some financial help to get to the championships and you can bet GSN will do what we can to assist! If you have never seen F3P it's like pattern with foams, and the airplanes are insane! Kevin said he has over 69 HOURS of construction into the second plane shown.. Check it out!

SEC_0011.JPG SEC_0012.JPG SEC_0014.JPG SEC_0015.JPG SEC_0017.JPG

A few moments later I bumped into the Hobbico/Futaba gang and seriously got lost in a two hour discussion about the GSN Rolla Fly-in, Babies, Airplanes, micro quads and finally someone's morning show radio host husband. It was truly a great and funny conversation!

SEC_0024.JPG

Finally realizing that I was letting the day escape me I swung over to the Horizon booth and saw David Payne and Big John. Chatted a bit about the awesome new planes and well everything they have to offer...
SEC_0013.JPG

SEC_0044.JPG

About this time Terry Nitsch started the "Multi rotor Meyhem ribbon cut" and the "Multi rotor money ballon pop." Both were fun and very entertaining.

I spent the rest of the day talking with everyone, hearing stories, laughing and seriously just having a good time!

Tomorrow promises to be bigger and even more fun... and I can't wait! Doors open at 8am, and tomorrow I'll be shooting a TON of pics, getting some video and bringing it all back home to GSN.. so if you can't make it, son;t stress, we got you covered!

Check below for the entire photo flood!

And here is tomorrows schedule!

11/8/14 Saturday (Day Two)
  • 8:00 AM Flying Begins – Race Track, Micro and 3D areas active for open flying
  • 10:00 – 10:30 Light Scale and Built Up (no-foam, race track area only)
10:30 – 11:30 Race Track and 3D areas active for open flying

• 11:30 – 11:45 Splash and Dash. All seaplanes racetrack area.
11:45 – 12:00 Micro/Mini Heli & Quad Time(entire dome)

• 12:00 – 1:00 Factory Demos, Noon Show, Combat
1:00 Seminar – Jeff Holsinger – Spektrum programming

• 1:00 – 2:00 Race Track, Micro and 3D areas active for open flying.
2:00 – 2:30 Jet Time (Entire Dome)

• 3:00 Seminar – TBD
2:30 – 4:00 Race Track, Micro and 3D areas active for open flying.

4:00 – 4:15 Light Scale and Built Up (no foam, race track area only)

• 4:15 – 4:30- Micro/Mini Heli & Quad Time (entire dome)
(Multi rotor Mayhem 1st three minutes)

• 4:30 – 5:15- Race Track and 3D areas active for open flying.
  • 5:15 – 5:30 3D Time – Entire Dome
5:30 – 7:00- Park Zone T-34 Air racing (Entire Dome)

• 7:00 - 8:00PM – “Night Moves” Night Fly (Entire Dome)

Attachments

• SEC_0016.JPG
    SEC_0016.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 368
  • SEC_0018.JPG
    SEC_0018.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
photo browser make everything more better.....nice pics, i gotta get out and start running around with you once in while!
i like the profile A-10 with the soda can cowls :)

Nice work, Sleep! Wish I could have made it up today. I usually take 1 day and go just to hang out with everyone. But I had some vehicle maintenance to do, and helped a buddy of mine track down a load problem in a 1500. If I don't have vehicles, I can't go anywhere.

Keep it up!