• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Here is the fuse on my mojo40 fuse. It is an incredibly strong design. As you can see the tube runs from the motor mount all the way through the wing and to the tail. Lots of slab designs have diagonal bracing down the length of the fuse but the mojo is designed with vertical stringers. The vertical is just as strong as the diagonal, looks better, and is easier to install. The plywood motor mount also slides into the wing as well making it very strong

Guys... I'm looking for one of these birds (20cc profile). Looks like Redwing will not bring it any more, and aerobeez has the yellow one that I don't like.... My Question Is: from where can I get a good Kit??? Thanks for your help!!

BalsaDust

If your looking for a kit you can't go wrong with wwrc. In the 20cc size there is the ee60, hazzcap sukhoi, and lamsuk of yak (whatever it is). The Sukhoi and ee60 are basically the same plane but the ee is a touch smaller. I would pick one of those over the lam wing plane but that's cause I don't care for how a lamwing performs. There are plans out there for others as well.

I guess really what are you looking for. Something to burn holes in the sky, a good low and slow 3D bird, or something that is a high energy 3D plane

hahahaha... Thanks @BalsaDust for your help.... Well, I'm looking for a good 3D killer, Low and Slow is my name.... I got some big birds (AJ Lasers 73" and 93") on my Basement but now I just move to New York and it's kind of hard to find a good field for fly unless you drive 1 or 2 hours......

So, after some research on the web I found that VVRC have 2 models, One is pretty similar than the one that aerobeez and redwing use to sell 65" blah blah blah... Here's the link https://www.valleyviewrc.com/valley-view-rc-20cc-yak-pro-blue

And a Second One which is 60" with pretty good design with CDI and Fuel Thank inside the fuselage, They call that one VVRC YAK Pro..
Here's the link https://www.valleyviewrc.com/valley-view-rc-yak-pro-red

Now my question is if the VVRC YAK Pro 60" is capable to fly some decent 3D?? or which one will you chose??

Once again, thanks and best regards.

BalsaDust

Sorry for the late reply. Been busy at work rewiring a 400 ton hydraulic press that caught fire on Monday. Personally I would not take either of those when it comes to a slab. I think most of the arf profiles out there are fine for flying around but get a good bit of wing rock in ha and don't handle dorks very well as they are all liteply fuse and no tube in the fuse. If you like low and slow then I think a Moass 60 would be perfect for you. Kits aren't available anymore but plans are and they fly great.
Even better choice is an sbach 65 which plans can be had for it as well it builds a touch heavy though. I loved mine. Will build another but will be making more to cut some weight and make it stronger. Here is a pic of the Sbach65

IMG_5974.JPG
IMG_5973.JPG
IMG_5972.JPG