• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GP 33% Extra 330L for IMAC?

ExtraJohn

70cc twin V2
I have one of these hiding in the attic, has anyone used one for IMAC?
Suggestions or things you would have done different?

3D-Joy

50cc
I used one years ago up to advanced and some unlimited with a ZDZ80RV on a JMB canister and a 2B Mejzlik 26x10. It had enough power to do anything back then (newer sequences are more power hungry IMO). It flew quite well for a relatively small budget.

I did enlarge the rudder and moved the elevator hinge line forward as much as possible all the way up to the stab tube. These mods probably screwed up a little on precision flying but did make that plane much better for 3D. Other than that it was completely stock.

Have fun, its a good airframe.

Alpha20

50cc
I also had one of these. Used a Zenoah gt80 in it. For IMAC today I would have used a 100cc twin. The plane is a bit heavier than a regular ARF, but should do fine for IMAC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
Nothing is bad and everything is good up to the moment when you meet others that fly better and are using more innovative equipment.
Fly it and see how it meets the new 2016 sequences they are more demanding so to speak.

M

Matt

Nothing is bad and everything is good up to the moment when you meet others that fly better and are using more innovative equipment.
Fly it and see how it meets the new 2016 sequences they are more demanding so to speak.
Hey that is how I felt up until I met @Pistolera everything was great and my flying was pretty good... Then this old dude shows up and waxes me... Hey what can I say? "Old guys rule"
I am getting there just turned 27 so I am almost over the hill...

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
The more you'll fly the more you'll get to the bottom of it.
Just one major thing, don't forget to enjoy it and to listen to all those old guys are talking about...consider they know everything.
Have fun and welcome to IMAC, where it's not just about flying, it's about friends.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hey that is how I felt up until I met @Pistolera everything was great and my flying was pretty good... Then this old dude shows up and waxes me... Hey what can I say? "Old guys rule"
I am getting there just turned 27 so I am almost over the hill...
Hahahahaha.....:msn_slap::laughing::lol2:
The more you'll fly the more you'll get to the bottom of it.
Just one major thing, don't forget to enjoy it and to listen to all those old guys are talking about...consider they know everything.
Have fun and welcome to IMAC, where it's not just about flying, it's about friends.
Ya got that right Adi!!!

ExtraJohn

70cc twin V2
I'm entry level
Planning on using a H9 CAP 232 to start out because I have it and it's ready to fly.
I was going to replace it with the Extra. If there are better choices for a second airplane, I'll keep this one to build with my grand kids.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I'm entry level
Planning on using a H9 CAP 232 to start out because I have it and it's ready to fly.
I was going to replace it with the Extra. If there are better choices for a second airplane, I'll keep this one to build with my grand kids.
John....that should be an excellent plane to start with.....and at least on into Sportsman when you're ready. I don't have any experience with them, but have seen them flown in IMAC and they did OK.