• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Gluing Secraft Studs Into Wing for Anti-Rotation/Retention

I'm hopefully going to be setting the incidence on my wings for my Dalton Extra 300 this weekend or sometime soon. The kit came with plastic studs to be glued into the wings. I was thinking of replacing them with either the Secraft Wing Bolts/Nuts or using that system with a longer stud if I needed it.

Shouldn't be a problem right?

Anything else that I need to consider before doing this?

wing-bolts-nuts-us1420-red5.jpg

Husker

50cc
Should be good to go.

That being said, I prefer screws from the inside because I always end up scratching the crap out of the fuse with the studs sticking out of the wings.

You are good to go, Ben. All my Secraft studs are loctited into the nut. I also have the Xion quick latch mechanisms. I have yet to install any. I like how you just have to flip that little lever on the retainer and the wing comes off.

Well, I would prefer to have a stud that screws into the wing but the Dalton is set up differently. And that's not to say it's wrong, but I would rather use a metal stud in the wing root and use the Secraft nuts than the included plastic studs.

I know people are using the plastic studs and not having problems but I saw on the new manual that it looks like metal studs are being used.

mmlong

30cc
I cross drilled the studs to 3/32". I went to Lowes and bought pins (.062 diameter). When locktiting the stud in the wings, place the pin in the cross hole with nut on the wing side. Screw the assembly in the wing while mounted on the fuse. If the nut would come loose, the pin keeps it from backing out more the rotation pin. Its working so far.