• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Field equipment: Refueling bottle setup

Wacobipe

100cc
Hey guys... I have. A cheap refueling cap on my 2.5 gallon fuel bottle that I use to carry gas to the field. Even whent eh tank is low, the damn thing still leaks fuel just bouncing down the road so I want to replace it.

I would prefer a manual pump ( one less thing I can forget to charge before heading to the field), I have see. jersey Modelers setup (interesting) and the Secraft cap has potential. I love the idea of the Secraft pumps...but they require a starter to turn them and I don't have that either.

I'd like to hear your favorite setup...pics would be great too if you got em!

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Wacobipe;16159 wrote: Hey guys... I have. A cheap refueling cap on my 2.5 gallon fuel bottle that I use to carry gas to the field. Even whent eh tank is low, the damn thing still leaks fuel just bouncing down the road so I want to replace it.

I would prefer a manual pump ( one less thing I can forget to charge before heading to the field), I have see. jersey Modelers setup (interesting) and the Secraft cap has potential. I love the idea of the Secraft pumps...but they require a starter to turn them and I don't have that either.

I'd like to hear your favorite setup...pics would be great too if you got em!

Boy don't get me started on how crappy gas can caps and nozzles have become lately especially after Blitz went out of business. There are so many crappy designs that leak like a sieve. One of the problems is there is no common thread design like before. On ebay there are a lot of caps like these that you can purchase to fit most of the cans. I say that but I have ordered these and they still did not fit my can because the wrong ones were sent out. Anyway marry one of these up with the Du-Bro Kwik Fill Fuel Can Fitting and you should be good to go.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I use the Secraft one with a Hangar 9 pump. I made an aluminum bracket to attach the pump. The bracket that is on the jug in the picture was one from an old jug and too big so I replaced it with one like shown in the last photo.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

16167=10893-jug1.jpg
16167=10893-jug1.jpg
16167=10894-jug2.jpg
16167=10894-jug2.jpg
16167=10895-jug3.jpg
16167=10895-jug3.jpg

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
I'm using the secraft cap on my smoke can and it has worked great so far. My can is a 2 gallon kerosene jug from the local hardware store and with this cap i haven't had any leaks and would use it again if I ever need to make another gas can. My regular gas can was the manual jersey modeler can but I replaced the hand pump with the secraft pump. It runs on a 3s 2200mah lipo and lasts for many many flying sessions. I have charged it maybe 3 or 4 times over the last year and the most i put in was 7-800 ma...it will pump many many full cans before the battery dies. You could always use something like that and keep the handpump handy in case your battery dies.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Just curious what you guys do when filling the gas can at the pump when unscrewing the cap to prevent the lines from twisting.

hone

150cc
Ohio AV8TOR;16180 wrote: Just curious what you guys do when filling the gas can at the pump when unscrewing the cap to prevent the lines from twisting.
The aluminum cap isn't connected to the black plastic that spins so that's no problem.

G257945

30cc
2.5 gal. Blitz can off ebay. Sig pump. 3s lion battery. PSP cap. Perfect set up.

Scott

16185=10904-20140908_190435.jpg
16185=10904-20140908_190435.jpg

wesley.

70cc twin V2
I have the Jersey modelers 1.25 gal setup no complaints here. The filter housing got brittle and broke the second week i had it. I just replaced with aluminum. Everything else i really like.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Jetpainter, can you explain how you do the swirls in the aluminum. I am assuming this can be done with a drill press and the proper bit???

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Patroller;18402 wrote: Jetpainter, can you explain how you do the swirls in the aluminum. I am assuming this can be done with a drill press and the proper bit???
attachment.php

That one was done with a drill press and a wire wheel like this, but a little finer.

18432=12508-34961.jpg
18432=12508-34961.jpg