• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Faulty Hitec Repair!!!!

yakken

100cc
I was hoping hitec would step up but they are not going to. I want tolet you guys know about a safety concern. I had a pot replaced by hitec and they failed to secure the wires to the pot. I put about 12 flights on the radio since the repair and the ailerons locked full to the left. It cost me a 40 cent plane but luckily it went into the ground instead of a bunch of people. Without the wires being secured in the holder they will break at the solder joint. When using the gimble it works the wire back and forth till it breaks. I am in no way bashing hitec products. The problem i have is hitec wont step up and warn you guys to check and make sure the wires are secured. Here are pics of the broken wire,incorrect wire routing and correct wire routing.thanks
uploadfromtaptalk1451952090530.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1451952159154.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1451952188180.jpg

Man that really sucks for sure. I would think they would carry some sort of improper repair insurance. When I worked at a dealer if someone did not repair something correctly the dealer repaired the issue (again) and took care of any damages if any occurred. AKA loose lug nuts = tow, free rental car, new rim, maybe new tire, new lug studs, etc.

yakken

100cc
Man that really sucks for sure. I would think they would carry some sort of improper repair insurance. When I worked at a dealer if someone did not repair something correctly the dealer repaired the issue (again) and took care of any damages if any occurred. AKA loose lug nuts = tow, free rental car, new rim, maybe new tire, new lug studs, etc.
I wouldnt feel right not letting you guys know. They are not going to do anything.