• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Extrem Flight 91 yak

here she is!!!

it will be interesting to see how the temperature is, being that i made some changes to the cowl (baffles) and the exit of the air from the airplane. right now it is like 94 F...

1705=891-IMG_5863.jpg
1705=891-IMG_5863.jpg
1705=892-IMG_5864.jpg
1705=892-IMG_5864.jpg

Chumley

New to GSN!
orthobird;1705 wrote: here she is!!!

it will be interesting to see how the temperature is, being that i made some changes to the cowl (baffles) and the exit of the air from the airplane. right now it is like 94 F...

I'm interested to see what you've found out as I'm starting to build the same plane.

flew her on friday and saturday. engine temps were good. the motor is rich, and it has new rings and carb, so i have to take it easy on her for now. it was doing a strange thing, seemed like it was starving for fuel after 6 minutes of flying or so, so i brought her home and re did all the fuel lines and changed the clunk out as well.

maybe monday or wednesday i will fly her again.

i was discussing this with someone, and they said that the cowl on a Yak should not be open, being that it helps slow down the airplane on downlines or when landing??? anyone know if there is any truth to this?

LeeLee

50cc
i was discussing this with someone, and they said that the cowl on a Yak should not be open, being that it helps slow down the airplane on downlines or when landing??? anyone know if there is any truth to this?
I flew my EF 110" Yak for years with it open, DA120 stock mufflers and no problems with over heating or anything. It also shows off that expensive motor pulling it around.