• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extra 300 104"

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I am going to use a Spektrum power safe reciever and will have a seperate pack for the ignition. What are you guys using and how are you tying it in, for ignition cut off from the trans. I will have also a fuse. mounted ignition switch

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Use a Tech Aero IBEC engine kill switch, you can get rid of the ignition battery and run your ignition off the rx batteries.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
If I am using 7.4v li-ion 2800 packs for the power safe reciever with 6.0v servos and DA120 ignition, will this be ok? Also if you come off of the powersafe reciever say at the gear channel are you only getting 5.0v, and

RKEstes

50cc
I would not use standard voltage servos with Lipo batteries on the Powersafe receiver. I would use Life batteries if I had low voltage servos. Vegasking gave you the best advice. Personally I would get some high voltage servos and follow Vegasking's suggestion.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If I am using 7.4v li-ion 2800 packs for the power safe reciever with 6.0v servos and DA120 ignition, will this be ok? Also if you come off of the powersafe reciever say at the gear channel are you only getting 5.0v, and

Which servos are you looking to use?

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I will be using life batteries and the reg from Tech Aero eliminating the need for ign. pack. Also using power safe reciever
Thanks RKEstes

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Use a Tech Aero IBEC engine kill switch, you can get rid of the ignition battery and run your ignition off the rx batteries.
Vegasking,
I hope you can give me a little advice on proper tie in of the servos on the EF 104
Extra 300. I'm using the dual servo cables from Taildragger RC along with the 12120 receiver from Spektrum. Not sure about the correct ports on receiver
Thanks