• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Event Coverage 2015 ~ Muncy Flyers Sky High Aerotow

JimD

50cc
Date: June 4-7

Place: Muncy Flyers Airfield
(located in central PA atop a mountain southeast of Muncy, PA)

This was the second year for this event. The local club has a unique field location that lends itself quite well to aerotowing giant scale sailplanes. However, the best part of this event is the hospitality! Several club members and their families camp on site and set up a pop up city to create a veritable open air restaurant. Check out Jeff Duhaime's pictures to get sense of this!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskdSnfCw

I usually try to take pictures at every event, but like last year, I got so involved with the flying, socializing, and eating that I only took a few. This first picture shows the distant valley below the south end of the field. The power plant cooling tower is six miles away...we refer to it as the cloud generator!

image.jpg

Friday night, the locals recommended a restaurant that is one of their favorites. It's called Pier 87 Bar and Grill. It it located out in the country along the Loyalsock Creek and features a sand beach! There is a unique tree sculpture between the parking lot and restaurant deck.

image.jpg

image.jpg

We ate on the covered porch which was a perfect shelter from a light passing rain shower. On the why back to the motel, we stopped at another recommended place! Eder's Ice Cream (established 1927)...all they serve is ice cream which is made on site daily. The size of the serving was just as ridiculously large as the prices were small...truly a one of a kind place in Americana, like stepping back in time.

As we were about to leave, this sign caught our eye, and funny bone!

image.jpg