• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ESC suggestions

Rich B

50cc
Looking for ESC suggestions for an 80A 14 pole motor running on 10s using 6-6.6v servos. This is a 3D setup. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Probably suggest a Jeti Spin 99 OPTO ESC. It's really just a fantastic ESC, you will need a separate BEC though. Well worth every penny, make sure you get the Jeti Box field programmer for it though.

If you are going Jeti, get a Mezon 90 or 130 and get the monster BEC and the telemetry.

Rich B

50cc
Here is a little background... I was running a ZTW 120A OPTO ESC and a ZTW 12/18A BEC. Which I must say that combination and the motor was awesome. But within approximately 10 flights the ESC gave up its ghost. That is why I am looking for suggestions on a new ESC. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I wouldn't give up on the ZTW just yet bud. Have you called or emailed whomever it was you bought it from and explained what happen. I only say this because Im running the 125A Gecko and it works really well. The only issue I had was my motor "Motrolfly DM 4320-450Kv" was spinning up fairly slow. Other than that it works great. Might be worth checking out.