Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DX8 and throttle elevator mix.

Discussion in 'Radio Programming Questions' started by mazjag, Mar 16, 2013.

1. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

Guys, I have a pattern plane that pulls to the canopy on the downline(throttle off)..I need to mix the throttle /elevator so it has a touch of down ...How do I do that without having the trim knocked all out of whack?? thx...

2. gyro

gyro GSN Contributor

Texas
    Try a throttle to elevator mix at about 2%, so that when the throttle is at idle, you have about 2% down elevator

3. mazjag

mazjag 50cc

thanks Bill !

4. gyro

gyro GSN Contributor

Texas
    It's Gary :)

5. dadstoysbg

dadstoysbg 50cc

Also that mix witch is used a lot in IMACC should be on a switch. If not it makes landings interesting. Dennis

6. That depends on your CG...

If you are flying a nose heavy airplane, then yes, it will cause it to pitch down more on landing (just hold a little elevator on final). If you're flying a tailheavy airplane, they tend to pitch up on landing anyway, and wouldn't hurt to have some down in there.

For both my 3D and precision flying, I leave the mix on at all times. Just one less thing I have to worry about while flying.

Seth

7. Steve_B

Steve_B 70cc twin V2

Sounds to me like you are nose heavy and so carrying a lot of up trim. The the inverted 45 degree upline test, I bet you need to hold down elevator to stop it diving. If so then you need to move the CG back and re-trim the elevator.