• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE Gives Hobbico Exclusive US Distributorship Rights... What do you guys think?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So many of you have heard that DLE has pulled the plug on all local hobby shops and online retailers with the exception of one (Hobbico) as it pertains to the US. Many have grown to love the ability to pick up the phone and talk directly to Supatim at Valley View regarding their DLE's or get advice from the guys that work on them everyday. I've seen and heard the rants and rumbles from some but I wanted to hear from you guys what you think! I know DLE produces an amazing engine and I for one have loved and publicly endorsed (and no I was never paid or given free dle's to make such statements) each engine I have owned from them but I'm concerned where this maybe heading. Maybe service stays the same and people will be happy with the support they receive from Hobbico, maybe this is a mute topic... but pulling business away from the local retailers like Aeroworks, Aerobeez, Valley View, RedwingRC etc... that have worked so hard to take the brand to where it is today is a tough pill for them to swallow. Thoughts?

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I think it sucks. I am very happy with my 55 and 111 but always liked know I could send them to VVRC if i had too.

syzyguy

50cc
Oh LAME ... I guess that means the DLE35RA I have on backorder from @RedwingRC will never show up =(

And yeah -- I think it is a bad move and really hurts the little retailers and ultimately will hurt the brand. I have heard nothing but good things about the engines but if I can only get them from one place and there is no competitive pricing I am less likely to buy. Just like there are a bunch of great brands that are Horizon only that are pretty great but I usually pass over since they are probably overpriced for what you get unless you stack a coupon on a sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Possibly.... I would contact redwing, I have heard that Hobbico will sell these to the local hobby shops but they have to be Hobbico Distributor which means contracts with hoops to jump through. I understand it may have been Hobbico flexing it's muscles but it pretty much sucks all around for the end consumer in my opinion.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
No guys were good one way or another we'll offer DLE. Just depends on who our source is... VV, Hobbico etc. I hope it's NOT hobbico as most of you it seems :)

But ZyZguy we'll get it to you! don't worry ;)
Actually they are arriving today and tomorrow. We have about 50 engines coming in. I don't know if this is our last order but plenty of DLE 35s unloading at our warehouse this week

syzyguy

50cc
Actually they are arriving today and tomorrow. We have about 50 engines coming in. I don't know if this is our last order but plenty of DLE 35s unloading at our warehouse this week

Schweeeeeet =)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
No guys were good one way or another we'll offer DLE. Just depends on who our source is... VV, Hobbico etc. I hope it's NOT hobbico as most of you it seems :)

I don't think Valley View will be selling them anymore as they are out of most of the DLE's and no longer show the 111 or 120.

Glad to hear you will be doing your best to continue carrying them!