• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Dle 55ra

E-3

30cc
It appears I'm the only person in the world that has attempted to use a DLE Header/Canister..... I choose this option due to the fact that at our field we have a 100DB rule and the standard muffler for the 55RA will not suffice ( 107DB ). Within 3 flights the header broke at the flange. I ordered another, 4 flights and this one broke (same spot), which resulted in a 50CC PAU Extra 300 in the crapper. Any comment?

E-3

SnowDog

Check with wrongwayrc.com, Richard has a lot of experience with canisters and such. [MENTION=2715]WrongWayRc[/MENTION] ...you have any suggestions?

Have any pictures? Where did you get the header? Aluminum or stainless steel? The RA header on the 35cc had been giving trouble from what I read.

There are some tips to installing a flex header on the usual side exhaust versions that also apply.

E-3

30cc
DLE knows its an Issue and is working on it. They were factory DLE headers. Its just a poor design (to thin like their mufflers). When I get a New DLE I toss the muffler and order a Jtec one.
DLE Head.jpgDLE Head 2.jpg