• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA120 and 3 blade prop

Due to a new club regulation anything over 100CC needs to have a 3 blade prop. So here is my question, anyone try a 3 blade prop on a 35%er with a DA120. DA's website says to use a 27-12 3 blade. Right now my exhaust is Planebender 3D canisters but that could change to his smooth pipes this summer. So if you have any performance information with this or similar combo i would lover to hear. At $180.00 a prop i cant afford to experiment with a lot of props.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I LOVE the Biela 26x10 3-blade on my 120. Very quiet on cans and a bit louder on pipes. Pulls very well on 28-30 pound Extras.

Twister

70cc twin V2
I have the same prop on my GP123 and it works great.
Do you do 3D with that prop. I have a gp123 with smooth pipes and I can't find a 3D prop I can't rip. I've been using a mejzlic 27x11x3 It doesn't rip but is just alittle slow in a pullout

yakpilot

50cc
Mine is on a Hangar9 Extra300 and I'm using the stock exhaust. Yes I 3D it and pull out from hover is very impressive. Very easy to modulate the power but it will jump out of a hover very fast. It pulls well everywhere and stays very quiet. The downline braking with those wide blades is just amazing.
BTW I tried it because I saw that Earle (pistolera) was using one and our club mandates a 3 blade prop or canisters above 50cc and I went with the prop to save money and weight. Thanks Earle!

Wow club back home tried pulling that, it didn't fly over too well, and the giant scale guys won. I love how so many have no clue of throttle management on most GS planes. I used to use a 27x 12 falcon not the 11 and it was really quiet on stocks and pulled hard. I have seen 26x10 mej work well on a friends plane.

Mine is on a Hangar9 Extra300 and I'm using the stock exhaust. Yes I 3D it and pull out from hover is very impressive. Very easy to modulate the power but it will jump out of a hover very fast. It pulls well everywhere and stays very quiet. The downline braking with those wide blades is just amazing.
BTW I tried it because I saw that Earle (pistolera) was using one and our club mandates a 3 blade prop or canisters above 50cc and I went with the prop to save money and weight. Thanks Earle!
The price on those props are not to bad either. Not sure if I should get the 10 pitch or 12 now. decisions decisions...........

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
On stock muffs or cans go with the 10..... Pipes can pull the 12 very well. You will see faster top speeds with the 12 pitch on either setup.