• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70 Twin

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Hey Craig.

Gary's correct.

I have the DA70 on my EF 88" edge with Vess carbon 24B prop.

Its an absolute monster on that size plane. I love it.

When I weigh my 91" extra on DA60/RE2 pipe and 88" edge on DA70 drop muffs, the fuse on the edge is 600gram lighter.

Now I don't know that this is related to the propulsion system as such but the edge is definitely very responsive in the air on this combo.

I'm planning on selling my 91" extra soon to go to the DA120 powered 104" extra. Much better power to weight ratio.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
Great. Thanks for chiming in.

I used a Falcon 24x9 on the 60. Do you think a Falcon 24x10 would be better on the 70?

This is going in an 89 Slick

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Great. Thanks for chiming in.

I used a Falcon 24x9 on the 60. Do you think a Falcon 24x10 would be better on the 70?

This is going in an 89 Slick

I don't know Craig.

Can't get carbon falcons over here to try.

I'd say the DA70 makes similar power to the DA60/RE2 combo, but it just delivers it differently without that surge from the pipe.

Mine is spinning the vess stealth 24B at around 7200rpm on the ground, that's about 150rpm more then the piped DA60 was giving me on the same prop.

If you can get them, I'd try the falcon carbon 24x10, they are supposed to spin a bit easier then the Mej equivalents I believe.

Cmala

70cc twin V2
I'm not well versed in prop selection.

Is it fair to say I could run the 24x9 and if it rips it try a 24x10?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm not well versed in prop selection.

Is it fair to say I could run the 24x9 and if it rips it try a 24x10?

Craig,

For perspective, I'm running the GP61, which makes equal/more power than a piped DA-60, and I'm spinning the 24x10 falcon over 7500rpm in flight.

Id think the 24x10 would be better on the DA-70

gyro

GSN Contributor
gary, those GP motors sound hot. What sort of RPM do you get on the ground on that GP61?

Mine is running a little rich, and barely has 2 gallons through... But with the 24x10, it's in the 6800 range IIRC.

After my 92 mid air, I sent the engine back for a tune up, so I'll try and get you some new numbers when I remaiden the engine in a few weeks. I'll post in the GP section.

What's the vibration like on your twin? Is it noticeably smoother than a single?

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Mine is running a little rich, and barely has 2 gallons through... But with the 24x10, it's in the 6800 range IIRC.

After my 92 mid air, I sent the engine back for a tune up, so I'll try and get you some new numbers when I remaiden the engine in a few weeks. I'll post in the GP section.

What's the vibration like on your twin? Is it noticeably smoother than a single?

Heck yes mate, it's tonnes smoother then the da60. It was quite an eye popper the first time it fired and I was like, mmmmm no vibe baby!