• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 60 prop choice

New EF 88 Edge w/DA60 and ProFlow. I'm thinking Vess wood 24A - opinions? I'd like to hear about the experiences of others.

Komet163

50cc
I've got Falcon Carbon Fiber 24x9 stock exhausht, on 89" slick, friend has same prop and engine on EF 88" edge with es composite pipe. Great combo

Falcon 24x9 CF. Hands down. The 24x8 wood props will actually rip. Friend of mine has a 24x8 on his 60, and it cracks the prop. It comes out of a hover real strong with the 8 pitch.

From the Falcon website, the 24x9 makes 18.4kg thrust and the 24x8 makes 19.1. However, we've got 3 recommendations for the higher pitch (lower thrust). Anyone have an explanation? I don't doubt anyone's observations, I just find props interesting.

Do-rag

100cc
I believe they are recommending the 24x9 based on prop noise. I do know I will be concerned with that when I pick up an airframe for my DA60.

Either one are great props. It is just which works best for your application.

Id use the lower pitch on a Yak style airplane and the higher pitch on an Extra or Edge style.

I liked the 9 pitch on my 91" Corvus. Never tried the 8......