• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 200

quick question for the DA 200 owners out there.
how much fuel (93 octane 40 to 1 redline, ethanol free) before you said, it was broken in?

10 gallons?
20 gallons?
30 gallons?

i have 9 gallons thru mine, and was wondering if it was broken in. SO far, i have not touched the needles. It is running well, and temps are all under 300 F at the most extremes of maneuvers.

Reason I am asking, I am using a Delro three blade 28 x 12.5

And today should be arriving a new Falcon three blade 29 x 13 & 30 x 12 props for me to test. I think I am getting peak rpm in the air of 6700 , that is when it rips

If I go with the falcon prop, may have more load on the motor, and lower rpm,

Anyone tried these props on their 200?

Last edited:
Funnily enough, I have a very well run in 200 (300 flights) and have just flushed the cans out. It's definitely running better after the de coke of the cans. Yesterday I played with a Biela 30x12 EX 3 blade as well and my normal Engel 29x12x3 and also ran a Mej 30x13x2 Evo NON L. I have to say the Biela provided fantastic thrust and I liked the pace (didn't leave the plane flying at a snails pace like some 3 blade props). The motor had no problem with the load and handled it well in 3d as well as sequence flying. I still really like the Engel 29x12x3 though - although I'm going back to the 2 blade for a bit mainly because the plane fits in my car far more easily with it on, lol.

yakken

100cc
Funnily enough, I have a very well run in 200 (300 flights) and have just flushed the cans out. It's definitely running better after the de coke of the cans. Yesterday I played with a Biela 30x12 EX 3 blade as well and my normal Engel 29x12x3 and also ran a Mej 30x13x2 Evo NON L. I have to say the Biela provided fantastic thrust and I liked the pace (didn't leave the plane flying at a snails pace like some 3 blade props). The motor had no problem with the load and handled it well in 3d as well as sequence flying. I still really like the Engel 29x12x3 though - although I'm going back to the 2 blade for a bit mainly because the plane fits in my car far more easily with it on, lol.
What did you use for flushing your cans out.

Caustic soda. I use Zimmerman cans which are stainless steel so it was fine to soak them overnight. Not sure if the same plan would work with aluminium cans.

I've got an Audi S4 Avant - don't think you blokes get it as an avant in the US. It's a bit of a tight fit though :)
IMG_0114.JPG