• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA 150L vs 170?

Anyone done any comparisons of the new DA 150L vs the 170?

I'm sure the 170 is going to beat the 150L especially on an upline but I'm interested in how the two compare.

I have flown both the standard 150 vs the 170 on JTec HP90 pipes. The 150 was connected to a 28.5X12X3 and the 170 on various props. I believe the pipes do limit top end power but does offer good low end power. The 170 is stronger but the 150 is really no slouch either. I am about ready to do a test on both engines on Plane bender smooth pipes. I expect better results. At several IMAC events I have seen several Carden Pros fly with a 150 on pipes and it performed great.

The 150 is smoother than the 170 but not by a lot. If your plane is going to be above 40lbs, I would suggest the 170 on pipes. If you want cans on a 170, I hear a lot that a 150 on pipes is as strong as a 170 on cans.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I can't compare the 170 but my standard DA150 on RE3 pipes and Mej 28.5x12s 3-blade has plenty of power in my 42% Raven. I fly advanced IMAC....it will do the unlimited sequence although at high density altitudes it would suffer on that setup.