• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

California Modelers Dodged a Bullet... SB142 Vetoed

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Good news for us, we will still have to pay attention to it because this could be flipped at any moment. At least we can breathe a sigh of relief for now.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I think we need to take "ALL" those that are trying so hard to make it impossible for us hobbyists to enjoy what we do.... Grab them all by the ear...drag them to a nearby flying field, put a transmitter in their hands and I would bet a buck and a half nearly half if not "ALL" of the opposition we are all facing, would come to a screeching stop.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I think we need to take "ALL" those that are trying so hard to make it impossible for us hobbyists to enjoy what we do.... Grab them all by the ear...drag them to a nearby flying field, put a transmitter in their hands and I would bet a buck and a half nearly half if not "ALL" of the opposition we are all facing, would come to a screeching stop.

It's not a "transmitter". It's called a "remote", you know, like what you use to change the TV channels and open the garage door. Same thing. Takes about as much skill too.

Surprised I did not see anything about this here, not sure if people were aware that there was a proposed law, called SB142, sent to California Governor Jerry Brown last week. He vetoed it today after a massive letter writing campaign!!

http://gov.ca.gov/docs/SB_142_Veto_Message.pdf

Here is the bill that was vetoed:

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB142

For now it appears. Only a matter of time, again, till the next dumb AZZ makes it rough for the rest of us, again. (quads flying around during the Cajon Pass fire that halted water/slurry drops is the example. sorta reminds me of platoon punishment at Boot Camp MCRD for that one PVT. who did a Dumb AZZ thing :)).

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It's not a "transmitter". It's called a "remote", you know, like what you use to change the TV channels and open the garage door. Same thing. Takes about as much skill too.
Judge, I suppose you your are referring to the DRONE remotes? Like those that can be flown with an iPhone, take pictures of the ladies next door, fly over fires, etc?