• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? C Rating

cam4569

70cc twin V2
So if I were to fun an 85a esc with a talon 60 motor at 6s 20c (hook both my 3s batteries together) would it just not power it enough or cook the batteries trying to draw to much power?

3dMick

30cc
Not familiar with the Talon 60 , you would want to make sure your current draw from motor doesn't exceed the batteries , the more voltage makes the amps come down

cam4569

70cc twin V2
I posted the question in the electronics thread and thus far haven't gotten any answers. Still planning my build so want to make sure I get components that will work ok

3dMick

30cc
I have 2 planes with 2 different power systems first one , 3s 2200mah 40c with 1100kv motor and at full throttle pulls around 45 amps flight time around 5 minutes the batteries always come out of the plane warm , 2nd plane 6s 2200mah 40c ( 2x 2200mah in series) 600kv motor full throttle 40 amps 8 minute flights and batteries cold as . The reason 6s is so good is I am only loading ea batt at 20 amps (1/4 C rating) the weight penalty is only 200g between them and the power is awesome on 6s As well as it looks after batteries