• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

byper help

gyro

GSN Contributor
does anyone know how I can make my vyper bype stop rocking side to side in the air..

Hey Manny, welcome to the site. I moved your question to a better spot.

For the Vyper Bype, it's a bit of a hybrid, and from my experience, it's a little squirrelly... Especially in harrier. The higher your nose is up (the higher the alpha) the better the rock will be, but I don't think you can stop it entirely. Of course you already did this, but make sure your CG is good (neutral or slightly nose heavy) and your plane is trimmed right.

I do think another option is the Demon Cortex Gyro, it helps fight some of the rocking so you can focus on flying and having fun.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Another option to try is to put some reflex on a switch for your ailerons, such that when you want to harrier, you flip a switch and it moves the ailerons up if you harrier upright- or down if you are harrier inverted. I owned the original 46" viper and loved it! This technique significantly reduced the wing rock at lower AOA's.

All that said Gyro was spot on with the comment that it won't stop completely, but can be minor and predictable.

Good luck!

mannyrc

New to GSN!
Another option to try is to put some reflex on a switch for your ailerons, such that when you want to harrier, you flip a switch and it moves the ailerons up if you harrier upright- or down if you are harrier inverted. I owned the original 46" viper and loved it! This technique significantly reduced the wing rock at lower AOA's.

All that said Gyro was spot on with the comment that it won't stop completely, but can be minor and predictable.

Good luck!

well I just started 3d about 6 months ago.I have a edge 540 extreme flight 60" that plane is awesome and flies nice. .I saw the reviews on the vyper bype plane and got it at a deal for 225.00 brand new with everything..servos, motor, esc..I just dont want to crash this beautiful plane..thanks for the tips