• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Building table/board

Trump

30cc
I searched the forums for building tables and building tables but I didn't find anything.

Maybe some of the master builder's can discuss their building table and how they are made and how they know they are made straight and level. If someone were going to build a big Carden or EHMW or Dalton what building surface is used. Some built up wings are quite wide at the root so what is used?

BalsaDust

When I build my ultimate work bench it will be a torsion box style top and will prolly be 4' x 8' in size to give me plenty of room.

TonyHallo

150cc
I'm using two 36" wide solid wood doors, 3' x13'. The surface is leveled on a steel frame bolted to the basement floor. It might not be perfect but it is surly close enough. The attached photo is an eight foot one piece wing in the vacuum bag with room to spare.

Attachments

• 000_0242.JPG
    000_0242.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 380

Wacobipe

100cc
When I build my ultimate work bench it will be a torsion box style top and will prolly be 4' x 8' in size to give me plenty of room.

I agree with this and mine will also be a steel top with magnetic work supports....Like this:http://www.airfieldmodels.com/infor...model_builders/tools/magnetic_building_board/

Torsion NX will make it dead flat and super rigid...magnetic top will make it easy to build straight as an arrow!

Now where do I buy time to get stuff like this done???