• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Brand and type of aircraft 2014 WC

Guys, just curious to know what brand and type of aircraft the top three in the various classes at the 2014 world championship were using.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I finished 3rd Intermediate with my 42% Raven (EG Aircraft). Powered by a DA150 with RE3 pipes and Mej 28.5x12x3 prop, SMJ spinner. Dual Futaba 6014HS receivers, Fromeco Relion batteries, Fut 9157's on ailerons, 9156's on elev and Hitec HS7955TG x 3 on rudder.

Weighs about 38# dry and has plenty power. That was my last intermediate contest....moving to advanced next weekend.

For an ARF, this plane flies IMAC very well, when Cap't Jack does his part! It can also 3D on high rates, but he ain't much of a 3D pilot :sour:

attachment.php

Photo by Sleepy!!!

17789=12065-SEC_0069.jpg
17789=12065-SEC_0069.jpg

Pistolera;17789 wrote: I finished 3rd Intermediate with my 42% Raven (EG Aircraft). Powered by a DA150 with RE3 pipes and Mej 28.5x12x3 prop, SMJ spinner. Dual Futaba 6014HS receivers, Fromeco Relion batteries, Fut 9157's on ailerons, 9156's on elev and Hitec HS7955TG x 3 on rudder.

Weighs about 38# dry and has plenty power. That was my last intermediate contest....moving to advanced next weekend.

For an ARF, this plane flies IMAC very well, when Cap't Jack does his part! It can also 3D on high rates, but he ain't much of a 3D pilot :sour:

attachment.php

Photo by Sleepy!!!
Nice looking plane and congrats!

I won the Intermediate class.

Carden Extra 300 Pro

DA200 with 2 into 1 headers and KS95 rear exit cans

Mejzlik 29x12x3 prop

Futaba BLS152s

Dual Futaba 6014s

Futaba 18MZ

Tony

tele1974

New to GSN!
Tony,

Just curious... All up, I mean everything. Tx, and everything how much $ doing you think you have into your setup. 12G's ish?

Patrick

During sign in for the Worlds we asked the pilots to fill out a form with their info.

The results are posted at the IMAC Worlds website here:

http://www.imacworlds.com/pilot-data.html

C.Edwards

New to GSN!
tele1974 said
Tony,

Just curious... All up, I mean everything. Tx, and everything how much $ doing you think you have into your setup. 12G's ish?

Patrick
Patrick,

If you are looking at having that plane professionally built the answer is yes, your looking at around 12k.  If you have the ability to build it yourself you can save around 2k depending on how you choose to power the plane.   The beauty of the PRO is that it flies very well with a 150,170, and the 200 of course.  I have a pro with the 200 on it and love it, but I have also flown a good friends pro with a 150 who flies advanced and love the way it flies as well.  You could probably build one with a 150 for around 6-7k IMO.

Chuck Edwards