• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday - What did you get?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok Black Friday is over and Cyber Monday is half over, now the question is what cool stuff did you get?

Check it out! Things are starting to roll in Mike. Let's see if I remember:

1-Multiplex Acromaster "for experts."
4-Eflite 450 J-3 Cubs
2-Techone 9mm Epp foamies
1-Techone HCF foamy
1-Fancy Foam MX2 printed depron 34.5" foamy
2-Slow Sticks
2-Hacker A10-9l
1-Hacker A10-15s
1-Hacker A05-13s
3- Hacker X7 escs
1-Hacker X5 esc
1-Crapload of Thunder Power lipos
1-Crapload of servos
1-Crapload of hardware, electronics, wire and materials
1-Unknown quantity of other stuff I forgot about.
0-Giant scale planes this year (I already have four sitting here in the box).

B.F. is my favorite RC holiday! I love it.

I hope you are staying warm Mike. It's cold up here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.7 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    787.3 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Holy cow Jason! I see several on that list that must be for your kids. 4 J-3 cubs? What are you going to do with 4? LOL

Holy cow Jason! I see several on that list that must be for your kids. 4 J-3 cubs? What are you going to do with 4? LOL

For the kids:quoties: Sure Mike. It's ALL for the kids. Lol. Yes...4 Cubs. One on wheels for me. One on floats for me. One for my Dad. One for my son. I'm nuts for cubs. I used to fly one all over the country when I was young. It's an obsession really.

AKfreak

150cc
I got a crimpers set, bunch of pins, wire, and casings. I also bought at least 12 thunder power packs. I bought a glock 17 gen4, and a 433mhz hawkeye lrs system fifty my new Tarannis radio my wife is getting mr for Xmas. Oh and a ton of toys for the kids.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow that's some great Christmas presents you guys got for yourselves! :) hope there's money left over for the kids! Ha ha ha Bazinga!

I got a crimpers set, bunch of pins, wire, and casings. I also bought at least 12 thunder power packs. I bought a glock 17 gen4, and a 433mhz hawkeye lrs system fifty my new Tarannis radio my wife is getting mr for Xmas. Oh and a ton of toys for the kids.

You are almost as bad as I am AK. Sounds like a great B.F. binge. Ya, we had the kids toys covered too....I just didn't find out about it until recently. The wife took a few "liberties." Lol. You will love the crimpers. I use them in combination with the Harbor Freight automatic wire strippers to make quick work of making my own leads. If you find a good source for the correct molex terminals and housings at a good price let me know. I've been using the HK ones for years with good success. No one else comes even close to making them cheap enough to justify making my own leads, but they aren't as good as the terminals on the high quality servos. They have never let me down though, and I make a lot of leads for high draw servo applications. I've searched high and low on the industrial electronics sites for the good ones...no luck yet.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Report Card

So I've ordered a new ARF and most of the associated components to complete the assembly. Below is my "report card" that shows and assigns a grade for the vendors that I bought from. The grades aren't "curved" that would indicate one vendor was any better/worse than another; basically they either did or didn't deliver for each of my grade categories. Briefly:

Pre-Sales Support - if I had to call/email/text message did the vendor provide the assistance I was seeking.

Ease of Ordering - was it easy to place my order? It didn't really matter if I used the vendor shopping cart, emailed the order, telephone call, etc.

Order/Charge Notification - most vendors send an order acknowledgement almost as soon as you submit your payment. Some follow up with an email once your method of payment has been processed.

Shipping Notification - did the vendor provide shipping notification with tracking

Order Accuracy - did I receive what I ordered.

One thing I really like is the Intuit Payment Network that Code 3 Innovation (Brian) uses. I'm surprised that more vendors do not have this as an option for payment. I haven't used it other than to pay for goods or services but the per charge transaction to the vendor seems to be much less than CC or Paypal fees.

BF Cyber Report Card.JPG

AKfreak

150cc
So I've ordered a new ARF and most of the associated components to complete the assembly. Below is my "report card" that shows and assigns a grade for the vendors that I bought from. The grades aren't "curved" that would indicate one vendor was any better/worse than another; basically they either did or didn't deliver for each of my grade categories. Briefly:

Pre-Sales Support - if I had to call/email/text message did the vendor provide the assistance I was seeking.

Ease of Ordering - was it easy to place my order? It didn't really matter if I used the vendor shopping cart, emailed the order, telephone call, etc.

Order/Charge Notification - most vendors send an order acknowledgement almost as soon as you submit your payment. Some follow up with an email once your method of payment has been processed.

Shipping Notification - did the vendor provide shipping notification with tracking

Order Accuracy - did I receive what I ordered.

One thing I really like is the Intuit Payment Network that Code 3 Innovation (Brian) uses. I'm surprised that more vendors do not have this as an option for payment. I haven't used it other than to pay for goods or services but the per charge transaction to the vendor seems to be much less than CC or Paypal fees.

View attachment 31644
I cant believe more people dont use Google to pay for stuff, No fees, and I can send money to anyone with an email. Tis Very simple.