• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Big Torque Servos - ProModeler PDRS420BLHV 420oz Brushless servo!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
As I am reading , the servos do look good but because one part of the information absolutely not true, then I wonder how many others are not true, please have a look on the assembled servo picture , it shows 6 cover screws , which is great but look at the other picture , the screws go nowhere, they are fake screws to give you the impression they are very stiff
Sorry, but I am going to stick my neck in a noose here. I have to agree with @Forgues-Research on this. At first glance, one would think..."Hey, that is kind of cool"! "They appear to be a very well built servo"! However upon closer inspection, they absolutely "DO" depict "Ghost Screws". What's the meaning of this? I will give you an example. The Hitec HS7980TH and the HS 7990TH, (And many other Hitec servos) definitely have the same type of placement of two screws in the top of the case. With the remaining four coming up from the bottom circuit board cover plate. Six in all holding the cases together. I "KNOW" for a fact, these screws are most certainly "NOT" ghost screws. I myself would question the integrity of the servo as well as the manufacturer. Is it some ploy to imply or suggest the servo is much more elaborate and quality built than it really is? Maybe it is a moot point. However when we are talking "big" output torque servos, they need to be robust to handle the strains and forces we put on them. In my opinion, four screws "tying" that much torque together is just not enough. On an 80 or 90 oz servo? Ok, I will go with that. Maybe even a 133 ouncer. But come on, over 400 oz's is a bunch of grunt to rely on just four screws.

For reference:
HS 7980TH (611 oz @ 7.4VDC) 6 screws
HS 7990TH Magnetic Encoder (611 oz. @ 7.4VDC) 6 screws
HS 7650TH (486 oz @ 7.4VDC) 6 screws
D645MW (180 oz @ 7.4VDC) 4 screws (This being one of Hitecs newest addition to their servo line. 32 bit programming with soft start)

hs-7980th_37980s_top.jpg hs-m7990th_37990s_top.jpg hs-7950th_37950s_top.jpg 36645_d645mw_servo_top_600px.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Like what was said before, the original post had faulty photo's with a different servo that used four bolts instead of six. A mistake, that lead us astray.
:deadhorse:
John said the photo provided had the information stating it was a different servo, it doesn't appear to be Johns or Rogers fault. Misguided information from the original poster. Come'on fellas water off a ducks back. John, I respect that you want to defend your reputation, but please see this as an honest mistake by a decent guy, let's stop the pointing finger game here and be friendly. :grouphug:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Like what was said before, the original post had faulty photo's with a different servo that used four bolts instead of six. A mistake, that lead us astray.
:deadhorse:
John said the photo provided had the information stating it was a different servo, it doesn't appear to be Johns or Rogers fault. Misguided information from the original poster. Come'on fellas water off a ducks back. John, I respect that you want to defend your reputation, but please see this as an honest mistake by a decent guy, let's stop the pointing finger game here and be friendly. :grouphug:
I thought that was an assumption. I misread or misunderstood. That being said, I stand corrected. My apologies. However as Nick so eloquently noted, water off a ducks back. Or as I would say, umm..... we'll go with Nick's analogy. Lol

Play nice everyone.