• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Best Aircraft Servos

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
What in your opinion are the best servos on the market?

Strength
Resolution
Speed
Efficiency

and so on, and what ever else I have missed. All I have known are Hitec in planes so my experience is limited to those. Heli's I have more experience with. I think speed, accuracy and strength are probably most important and reliability to of course. Are some better than others when it comes to the size of the aircraft or does it run across the board. I just bought a EF 48" Extra 300 EXP to use for practice and continue to improve my skills. I thought it would be the perfect size to do this with because I can walk right out my front door and go. Also did it while Im waiting for the really big purchase that will follow later on.

I have read that the recommended HS-5065MG servos have blow back on the rudder. Don't know that to be true or not, just reading stuff. I mean I don't have to have the absolute best of the best, but I don't want to skimp on them either. I know with smaller aircraft you need to pay more attention to the weight "Right?" and larger aircraft it isn't quite as critical. Still need to, just not so tight "Right?" or am I way off on this. So anyway I look forward to hearing from you guys and getting a little more educated in the process.

Thanks much...

Bush

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah Hitec's are all I know with planes. Although I hear PowerHD's are pretty good and we all know Savox rock as well.
Boom-Chici-Boom-Boom- :banana: BAZINGA! :banana:

dribar

70cc twin V2
I was all hitec forever but have morphed into a loyal savox guy for the last couple of years-- especially since the 1270 came out.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I was all hitec forever but have morphed into a loyal savox guy for the last couple of years-- especially since the 1270 came out.

Thats my story as well. A little to much jittering for me on the Hitecs and really loving my 1270's as well

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Don't you fella's think those would be just a tiny bit overkill for a 48" plane? LMAO

I first bought my 1270's and had them in a 30-40cc MXS but I knew I was going to upgrade. They did not have blowback :)
They did not use much power either without the heavy load on them.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Okay just so we are clear you are talking about these right?

Dimensions(mm): 40.3x20.2x37.2
Weight(g): 56
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .14
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 361.1
Speed(@7.4V sec/60): .11
Torque(@7.4V oz-in): 487.7
Gear: Titanium & Aluminum
Bearing: 2BB
Case: Aluminum
25 Tooth Spline
Frequency: 250-333hz
Pulse Width Frequency: 1520