• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

automatic subscriptions

Bdegan

50cc
How do I turn off subscription notifications ? Also how do I turn off automatically being subscribed to a thread I have read or posted in.

I read the FAQ on forum subscriptions. But I can find in my profile where or how to turn subscriptions off.

I hate waking up to a long list of emails for forum or thread subscriptions.

Thank you

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Go to your settings - then general settings - third thing down Default Thread Subscription Mode: change to "Do not subscribe"

Bdegan

50cc
Ohio AV8TOR;2803 wrote: Go to your settings - then general settings - third thing down Default Thread Subscription Mode: change to "Do not subscribe"

HAHA!!! Thank you :) done

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
It looks like that doesn't subscribe you to the thread though. I'd like to subscribe to any thread I post on but don't want to receive an email every time someone posts. Will selecting that option work?

Bdegan

50cc
Hmmm,

Went in turned off subscriptions. Saved that setting .

And I have received 2 emails now notifying me of 2 replies above.

At least my post count is going up LOL ;-)

Daytonarc

70cc twin V2
Bdegan;2835 wrote: Hmmm,

Went in turned off subscriptions. Saved that setting .

And I have received 2 emails now notifying me of 2 replies above.

At least my post count is going up LOL ;-)

I had this problem, when the site first came up the default was set to notify after every post and I wanted it one email daily. I changed the setting and kept getting emails. The problem is when you change your settings on notifications it changes any new subscriptions but does not change existing subscriptions. I could not find a way to change the notifications on an existing subscribed thread but did find that if you unsubscribe then subscribe to the thread the new subscription will have the settings you currently have.

Bdegan

50cc
Ok that makes sense. Thank you.

Didn't know why I thought it would be retroactive.

I will go and turn off subscriptions to those few threads. There are only 3 or 4 LOL