• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Apache Pass Oktoberfest ... The Ice House Fly-In Oct. 9 - 12, 2014

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4741.JPG

IMG_4743.JPG

IMG_4775.JPG

IMG_4783.JPG

IMG_4785.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4836.JPG

IMG_4845.JPG

IMG_4861.JPG

IMG_4889.JPG

IMG_4930.JPG

IMG_4938.JPG

IMG_5063.JPG

IMG_5113.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5231.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5254.JPG

IMG_5256.JPG

IMG_5263.JPG

IMG_5290.JPG

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5325.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

IMG_5346.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5397.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5419.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

IMG_5443.JPG

IMG_5453.JPG

IMG_5459bb.jpg

IMG_5462.JPG

IMG_5513.JPG

IMG_5532.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5674.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5966.JPG

IMG_B4669.jpg

Let's just start by saying YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS FIELD!!  Room for EVERYONE!!  Heli's on the end and 3D Pilots along the side ... Wide Open Spaces!!  Yes ... It's in Texas!!!  If you missed this event because of the weather threat you missed out on a great time!!!  We did have a cooling rain move through Saturday morning but that only allowed the "Night Flyers" from Friday to get some rest!  So many pilots put on a great show!  Doug Nelle and Company were fantastic hosts.  Everyone brought their "A" game and had a great time.  We even had the pleasure of having Jenni Orebaugh from Model Aviation Magazine visiting the event.  There were a number of vendors including Greg Alderman with Pulse Batteries to keep us "Charged Up"!

One of my favorite "Photo Ops" came Saturday evening when Shawn Braunagel and Johnathan Jennings did some "Night Flying" for us that was Amazing!  They brought the crowd to their feet .... as usual!! 

Put this Event on your calendar for next year and Don't Forget!!!

For MORE PHOTOS of this Fantastic Event Please go to Model Aviation Memories by Mimi on Facebook.  "Like" my page and I'll keep posting photos!!  If you see a photo of Yourself then right click and Save!  Also ... please Tag yourself!
ap-1.jpg

IMG_4664-1.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4730-1.JPG

Rcav8r

New to GSN!
brian-dancing-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
Apache Pass was a blast! The field is wide open, the staff was great and the flying was top notch. Put it on yup calendar for next year.

fmrsdtr

New to GSN!
My photos are up in public photo albums on Facebook; enjoy!

Part 1: www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203236274370833.1073741938.1328107534&type=1&l=d093e361ae

Part 2: www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10203236274370833.1073741938.1328107534&type=1&l=d093e361ae

Thank you for all of the Texas hospitality. Greg and I really had a great time, even when we were at the mercy of Mother Nature. Hope to see you all again next year!

Jenni

SleepyC

150cc
THANKS MIMI! I just made a feature! Also just so you know, we are installing a picture viewer that will clean up the photos, and will make everything much more awesome! Again, awesome work!

eddie@apachepass

New to GSN!
oktoberfest APACHE PASS ICEHOUSE FLY IN

was organized by

eddie acoba

kc carlton

jeff schultze

doug nelle

the heli line was organized by

joe doran

ken sierra

id like to say thank you to our sponsors

3dhobbyshop

extreme flight rc

pulse batteries

heli direct

tail dragger rc

hitec

redwing r/c

airtime hobbies (almendorf tx)

only fine heli

kds

fourtitude rc

futaba

hobby town usa

the r/c today show

its important to have great vendors but one of the things that i truly enjoy about these events is seeing old friends and meeting new ones. although i was pretty busy i made time to meet Big Darrell Bell and of course Mimi who took some nice pics of the event. for those who didnt make it you missed a good time but no worries there is always next year

here is a video clip for those that didnt make it to have an idea of what the place looks like http://vimeo.com/102495923

the nice thing is there is a restaurant with good food right on the property. you dont need to travel to another zip code to get a good bite to eat

thnx to everybody who made it out for the first annual ice house fly in at apache pass

eddie

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
eddie@apachepass said
oktoberfest APACHE PASS ICEHOUSE FLY IN

was organized by

eddie acoba

kc carlton

jeff schultze

doug nelle

the heli line was organized by

joe doran

ken sierra

id like to say thank you to our sponsors

3dhobbyshop

extreme flight rc

pulse batteries

heli direct

tail dragger rc

hitec

redwing r/c

airtime hobbies (almendorf tx)

only fine heli

kds

fourtitude rc

futaba

hobby town usa

the r/c today show

its important to have great vendors but one of the things that i truly enjoy about these events is seeing old friends and meeting new ones. although i was pretty busy i made time to meet Big Darrell Bell and of course Mimi who took some nice pics of the event. for those who didnt make it you missed a good time but no worries there is always next year

here is a video clip for those that didnt make it to have an idea of what the place looks like http://vimeo.com/102495923

the nice thing is there is a restaurant with good food right on the property. you dont need to travel to another zip code to get a good bite to eat

the next gathering at apache pass will be the FREEZE FLY. the date is pending but it should be sometime in feb after valentines day. the idea is to have a gathering after the holidays and before spring break. and at this time of year central tx is pretty mild as far as temperatures are concerned. whos in?

we are currently in negotiations with the property owner to set up other flight lines for next year

that brings everybody up to speed on current events

thnx to everybody who made it out for the first annual ice house fly in at apache pass

eddie
Me me...I'm in