• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

AJ Aircraft - 73" Laser 230z

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Home3.jpg
Description:
Whether you're looking to go out and go 3d huckin' or lay down a smooth-as-butter precision flight, the 73" Laser 230z is for you! The wings have been thoroughly refined to allow precision flying, while not sacrificing any 3d characteristics. With a generous fuselage height, the model flies as well on its side as it does upright. Generously sized control surfaces give you excellent authority at all speeds. The Laser 230z features an awesomely light but strong airframe and a light wing loading that will handle anything you want it to.

Building the airplane is very straight forward. The rudder cables are pre-installed, hinges are pre-installed but not glued, and pre-installed blind nuts in the wing tips for the included SFG's make it easy to get this bird in the air in no time flat.

Can't decide which power system to add to your 73" Laser? The electric setup gives the ability to strap batteries (8-12s) in and just go fly. You can expect around 6-7 minute flight times with great power and ultra reliability. Love the smell of burning gas in the morning? We've successfully tested the laser 230z with the DA-35 and the Valley View 40cc twin. With a 16oz Fourtitude tank you will see flight times approaching 15 minutes! When using the Valley View twin, it is recommended to add a second elevator servo for balance. AJs' personal pick for this 73" Laser 230z is the 8s electric setup, ultra-floaty and a great flight envelope. Whichever you choose, we're sure it'll put a smile on your face every time you fly it!

Up Your Game! Fly AJ.

The 411:
Wing Span - 73"
Length - 70"
AUW - 10-11 lb
Power(Elec) - 2500+ Watt motor, 120amp or 100amp ESC, 8s 4400mah lipo
Power(Gas) - 30-40cc
Radio - 5 channel with 4 high torque servos

What's in the box:
Carbon reinforced landing gear mount
Pre-hinged and sealed control surfaces
Carbon main gear
G-10 control horns
Dual ball links for all connections
Carbon wing tube
Optional SFGs included
Genuine Ultracote covering in 2 color scheme choices including the AJ Competition Scheme
Wing bags
Fuel tank
Muffler can mounts

AJ flies this airframe with the following equipment:
Hacker A60-5s
Falcon 21x10 prop
Jetti Mezon 120 or Castle Ice 100 ESC
Thunder Power 4s 4400mah G8 Performance Pro 45C x 2
Castle Pro BEC
Thunder Power 2s 2100mah G8 Pro-lite + 25C
Futaba 9157 servos on Elevator/Rudder
Futaba 9452 servos on Ailerons

Also needed to complete:
2x 12" extension for ailerons
2x 6" extensions from the receiver to the aileron servos
1x 24" extension for the elevator
2x 12" extensions for the ESC to Receiver (if electric)
2x 18" extensions will be needed for the throttle servo and ignition (if gas)
3" or 76mm spinner

Link:
http://aj-aircraft.com/73-Laser-230z_p_9.html

Videos:
[video=youtube;FZoFN0Brtj4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FZoFN0Brtj4[/video]

Pics:
73-Laser-Flying.jpg 73-Laser-Static.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We will be doing an official 3DRCForums build thread and review on this awesome plane. This ARF is on it's way to Supatim to do his thing!

HornetNZ

50cc
I got to fly Tims 73 when he came to Cedar Springs for the Wounded Warrior event. I think I got 5 flights on it that day! This thing looks like it would gobble up my 72" random-chinese EDGE ARF for a light snack! Had a buddy grab some video of my 3rd or 4th flight.
[video=youtube;qUw38G2a2hg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUw38G2a2hg&list=UUyaoLi5Zyg_qT47phsQ3JLA[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] huckin the 73" Laser with a VV40cc Twin!

[video=youtube;qt8JSfWExcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt8JSfWExcs[/video]

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
Life has been crazy this week but FINALLY got started last night. I'll start the thread and post the link today when I get home. But for now...

uploadfromtaptalk1426181297067.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice! For those of you that don't know [MENTION=3890]AJ Aircraft[/MENTION] sent us a 73" Laser 230z for review that Tim is gonna do for us! He does an incredible build and his flying will definitely stress test the airframe!