• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

7954 Issues

emtp275

100cc
I had a Hitec 7954 go bad in April, it kept getting harder to move by hand with the radio off little at the time, well before it locked up I sent it back for repair and Hitec fixed it free of charge, well now I have the same issue again after removing the servos from the plane to set up a new airframe, Has any one else had these issues? I know the two that had messed up come from the same batch i bought from one dealer and I have 5 other 7954 and a 35center with 9 7955 that work flawless It is aggravating at this point and I am lucky to catch the issue on the ground rather than in flight.

kork

70cc twin V2
I noticed the same thing this weekend on both elevator servos.
When they have power, no problem.
I run the same servos on 4 planes and knock on wood nothing yet.
I should dig a little deeper I think.

emtp275

100cc
Both that I have had go bad were in the elevator also, the first one started to jitter bad and I shut the plane off and could bairly move the elevator by hand I was afraid that I was going to rip the control horn out it was so hard to move. Hitec replaced the motor in it and it was fine.

emtp275

100cc
Send it back in, we'll take a look at it.

Not normal by any means, and that very rarely ever happens.
Is there any thing that would cause this that you can think of? both that have gone bad are in a stab which is a tight space, could this be an issue of over heating the motor?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Is there any thing that would cause this that you can think of? both that have gone bad are in a stab which is a tight space, could this be an issue of over heating the motor?

Not really. That's why they have the heat sinks, they dissipate heat through the heat sink. There's any number of countless variables that could make a servo want to fail so to say exactly what your cause is isn't entirely certain. A 35% airplane with long 3D arms and big control throws on the elevator could potentially be part of the issue but it's not probable. We have people abusing 7954's all day without problem.

emtp275

100cc
Not really. That's why they have the heat sinks, they dissipate heat through the heat sink. There's any number of countless variables that could make a servo want to fail so to say exactly what your cause is isn't entirely certain. A 35% airplane with long 3D arms and big control throws on the elevator could potentially be part of the issue but it's not probable. We have people abusing 7954's all day without problem.
LOL who knows, I can be hard on equipment but this being a 30% and having the smallest control surfaces and arms of any of my gasers id say Im not abusing them. But all is well Hitec takes care of us very well and the servos normally work really well, best bang for your buck when it comes to servos.