• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73" Sbach 300/342 General Discusssion

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Discuss the Aerobeez 73" Sbach 300/342 Here;)

SBACH300-30CC-V4-BK_G_24.jpgSBACH300-30CC-V4-BK_G_4.jpgSBACH300-30CC-V4-BK_G_13.jpg

Here is the spec for the plane:
Specifications:
Wing Span: 73"
Length: 69.5"
Wing Area: 1007 sq in
AUW: 11.5 lb
Recommended CG location: 4.5" behind root leading edge

The Sbach comes in two models, the Sbach 300 and Sbach 342. Sbach 300 is a single seater version whereas the Sbach 342 is a double seater version. Their airframes are essentially the same except the canopies. As you can see from the below picture. The canopies for the 300 & 342 versions are interchangeable for the Thunderbolt color scheme:

Sbach compare.jpg

However, for the orange color versions, the canopies are not interchangeable due to the difference in color trim. The lines wouldn't match perfectly, although they would still fit on either frame:

Sbach compare-2.jpg

As you can see from the side of the canopy, the lines are different for both frames.

The Sbach's as they come are fully loaded with carbon fiber landing gear, tail gear, wing tube and tail tube. The wings and stabs are removable, making it very easy to transport or for replacements. We use 1 servo for each elevator for a more robust control. The rudder is a standard pull-pull system.

All the hardware is included in the ARF kit such as fuel tank, fiber glass control horns and ball point links. There is a canister slot in case you want to install a canister.

Things needed to complete the build:
  • 5 x 9kg-cm servos
  • 1 x standard servo for engine throttle
  • 3" long spinner
  • 19 x 6 or 19 x 8 propeller
  • 2 x 30" servo extensions for elevator servos
  • 2 x 12" servo extensions for aileron servos
  • 1 x 18" servo extensions for throttle servos
  • 30cc - 35cc gas engine
  • lipo battery pack for receiver, servos, and ignition unit
  • 6 channel Rx & Tx

AlanK

New to GSN!
Hi guys! I'm building this plane but am confused on where the CG should be.. Some are saying that their manual says CG is at 5.50", my manual says 5.79". I just read where Alan suggests starting at 4.5" - 5" What do I do? Great plane!

CG Sbach 342.JPG

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Hi AlanK,

Try to maiden at around 5". At 5.25" to 5.5" it will fly pretty neutral. We found that 5.79" is a bit on the tail heavy side so that manual will be revised.