• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

70cc PAU Extra 300SP build...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
http://flypau.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&products_id=9

I got this plane a couple months ago so I'd have it when I was between other projects this Winter. Well, looks like now is that time, waiting for my Viper to show up so I can start a fresh build thread on that so I have just enough time to crack this out!

I pondered this plane several times but after seeing Kal fly his at XFC this summer, I was sold!!! Pretty sweet little plane with great specs and with a DA70 for power it will be crazy!!

If you haven't seen the whole vid, check it out, Kal really let it rip!!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I hope a friend will Maiden his at my local club field this weekend. He got a 2-n-1 and can to fit it nicely with a DA70.

I don't think he will fly it like that though. Amazing youngster!

BalsaDust

I was drooling over the article in the model aviation magazine today for the 50-60cc PAU Edge. This looks just as nice.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Some pics and details from the un-boxing:

Note, parts come all wrapped and neatly packed but I unwrapped this after receiving it to inspect and also let it acclimate.

Some of the items I'm using are up for debate, but the main components are all set.

- First is the DA70 (why not). J&A mufflers are the best (IMHO), so they are a must. And through my own observations I prefer the Falcon 25x8W prop for the type of flying that I enjoy.

- Next MKS servos, I through the beating I put on my others this summer I have yet to find anything that centers as well and and equal quality in such a reasonably priced servo. 777's and 1250 on throttle for this bird. Herve has MKS products on his site so check them out while you are there! www.flypau.com

- I'm a Spektrum flyer so I'm using the standard 9ch RX, I'm using Pulse 2S Lipos which I've been really having great luck with. I'm using a Booma hidden switch, that is basically a dual lead in / out with a built in batt share, pin/flag switch with an LED indicator (https://duraliteflightsystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=154_158&product_id=455)

My HD extensions, Tech Aero IBEC and Falcon prop are from www.flyboysrc.com, check them out! New and expanding inventory and amazing service, they will be an up and coming company to keep your eye on.

- I'm up in the air on fuel system, I got this plane before Herve started including fuel tanks, but I do have one from him. I'm pondering a 32oz tank like I used in my old EF Extra or going to a more sensible 24" which I had planned for this plane (smart water bottle with PSP cap and fittings).

I also had a tailwheel on hand but Herve's new carbon tail wheels are really nice. I'm going to use whichever gives me adequate rudder dragging protection for the rudder.

I will be using a no-limitz spinner from PAU, that I may paint to match the plane.

- Rest is pretty standard PAU quality. Dubro style pin hinges, medium to dense balsa longerons (9 of them in this plane), canister ready "open" tunnel to keep weight down. If you choose canister(s) it's super easy to close this area in if you choose. The canopy is light weight and one piece because it's a little small to have the removable canopy shell.
image014.jpg

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 498
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 514
  • image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 543
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 538
  • image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 522
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 540
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 476
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 550
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 504
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 585
  • image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 525
  • image012.jpg
    image012.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 487
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 582
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 534
  • image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 540
  • image017.jpg
    image017.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 504

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I've been flying mine this past year. Got 50 flights on it so far. I'm running that EME 70 that I got from you, Terry. I just cannot complain how that motor runs. Not one bit of trouble, just fuel it up and fly! :D Its not as much power as a DA 70 but it pulls it around just fine.

Attachments

• 2015-10-24 16.16.48.jpg
    2015-10-24 16.16.48.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 502

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been flying mine this past year. Got 50 flights on it so far. I'm running that EME 70 that I got from you, Terry. I just cannot complain how that motor runs. Not one bit of trouble, just fuel it up and fly! :D Its not as much power as a DA 70 but it pulls it around just fine.

Cool, I forgot which plane you were putting that in, glad to hear great reports!! I know that engine was suuuuuper smooth and ran like a watch. Actually probably a great combo for this plane, I'm just after a little crazy power.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

I finally got to put my hands on the EME 70. My buddy yelled at me "Don't touch that!" Not really ..ah ha.

Fine motor it is.

@Terryscustom did the spinner come pre-cut for two blades? or is it an option Herve offers? pre cut.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
I love my Pitts and my PAU Ultimate but this one is my go to when I'm trying to squeeze in a flight.

I can go from out of the trailer to in the air in 10 minutes, and it takes a beating.

Mine is the definition of "fly it like you stole it!". I have a DLE 55 on mine and its awesome, I can only imagine a DA 70 :D

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You guys keep this up and you're going to make me buy one. . . :laughing: I've been looking at this plane for a LONG time. . . . . :yesss: Hopefully next year after I get my big Laser in the air and get my 50cc AMR Stick finished and flying.