• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

6.0v servos

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I am using a powersafe receiver with 6.0v servos, can you use Life batteries since they are more than 6.0v?

Bipenut53

150cc
It depends on the servos, as a rule of thumb, if they are rated for 6.0 volts and not higher then no you cant use the 2 cell lipo batteries. The receiver will have no problems with that voltage but the servos will probably have issues. I am using a JR power safe 12 channel receiver with savox high voltage servos and 2 cell lipo with no problem. You could use a 2 cell LiFe battery with your servos with no problems though. Those batteries are rated at 6.6 volts.

Geez... I just re-read your post..... sorry about my confusion on which batteries you were wanting to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
If your inputted voltage exceeds your servo voltage rating (which it appears to say here in your post assuming 2x3.6 cells) then you will have to use a voltage regulator, such as the Spektrum VR6007(SPMVR6007). Hope that helps!

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I was planning on using 2 Life batteries was hoping not to have to use reg. that means I would have to use two regs.$$$ Thanks Guys

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Really depends on the servo your using. I'd run life batts on most any servo without worrying. I'm running lipo on non HV servos with no issues so far.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Servos typically come with a 6.0v rating as a rating that is near the nominal voltage of your battery pack so you will know how it will perform with the battery under load. Standard servos can usually handle a fully charged 5 cell NiXX battery. I do not know of any standard or high torque servos that have a 6.0v max voltage cap.