• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS Extra 330 or Redwing Extra 330

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new airframe. I have the motor (DLE 30cc) and all servos etc. The plane is going to complement my daily flyer, a 73" AJ Laser and will be replacing a Yak 55 that's seen better days.

My top choice is between the 3DHS and Redwing airframes. My question is - the 3DHS plane is $100.00 more than the Redwing plane, is there that much difference between the two?

The plane has to harrier well with minimal wing rock for me to super happy with it.....

Suds

50cc
I have both the 73" AJ Laser and recently purchased the 75" 3dhs Extra. Can't compare the 3dhs vs the Redwing but can say that both planes put a smile on my face. I also prefer to know that spare parts are usually available (3dhs/Extreme Flight) instead of needing to special order and wait months.

I too have the 73" AJ Laser and couldn't be happier with it. It's so good that I'm no longer happy with my Goldwing Yak 55!
I just bought the 3DHS Extra 330lt, if it Harriers as well as my Laser I will be a happy man indeed.
Thanks for the reply.

Suds

50cc
I too have the 73" AJ Laser and couldn't be happier with it. It's so good that I'm no longer happy with my Goldwing Yak 55!
I just bought the 3DHS Extra 330lt, if it Harriers as well as my Laser I will be a happy man indeed.
Thanks for the reply.

It harriers different than the AJL. The AJL seems to like to be slightly hose heavy while I find the 3dhs to harrier better closer to neutral. For me the AJL prefers a higher alpha harrier while the Extra like a littler lower attitude. Also, I find the SFGs have a bigger positive impact on the 3dhs Extra than the AJL.