• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3DHS and ExtremeFlightRC to merge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyC

150cc
So after being involved in the Giant Scale scene for well over 12 years I have a lot of industry contacts all over the world. Some work for major players and some work for Mom and Pop shops but all are valued friends and great sources of info.

Tonight I heard that 3DHobbyShop and Extremeflight may soon be merging into one company. This is some interesting news to say the least. I mean, both companies produce some bad ass planes and both Chris and Ben have been friends for years, so it's not like it's completely out of the question. But has anyone else heard anything? Anyone have some info to add to this?

If it's true, I wish everyone involved the absolute best! 2015 should make for an interesting year!!

Anyone?
Bueller? Buller? Buller?

SleepyC

150cc
Is this rumor mill news?

Got the info from a pretty solid guy/gal. Totally not "drinking at a fly-in after-hours at 2am story".

I thought about this a lot last night and it kind of makes sense...

3DHS exploded and became huge, they make great planes but over the last few years they have been known to sell out of stock quickly and be slow with customer service (not trying to say anything bad, just stating the facts of what can be seen all over the web)

EF has been rock solid. Great planes, awesome customer service but have been a bit slow to bring planes to market.

If you put the design team of Hinson and Fisher together you get a pretty awesome brain pool. Then you toss in Curtis in customer service and Noll to organize the road crew and you have a pretty awesome company.

But again... I'm looking for more input. I heard this from a very solid dude/dudeette. And I find it very interesting so I'm asking if anyone else knows something!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I have owned both and I can say that they are both top tier for sure. I give the edge to EF. After 3DHS moved from Texas they were not the same and I just knew something might happen to them, I however did not see this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.