• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 71" Slick Motor Box Repair

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
DONE!!

71Slick Complete1.jpg

71Slick Complete2.jpg

After 7 flights the Slick seems to fly as good, maybe a little better, than before. I think it is a little lighter in the nose now as I've had to move my flight packs forward an inch from where I used to fly them. Also I've been able to remove most of the up elevator trim......only one click now. It's a keeper for now.......a new ARF will just have to wait.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Rex!

One of the most comprehensive and detailed repair logs I've seen yet! Thank you so much for documenting this here for all of us. I'm positive it'll be a great point of reference for many peoples future repairs.

-G

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
One last tid-bit of info on the repair.

3DHS shows the flying weight of a new 71" Slick to be 9.5 - 10.5 pounds. I weighed my Slick last night; without the packs and it is 7.5 pounds. I power the plane with 8S, either 4000's or 5300's GensAce lipos.

5300's = 2.5 pounds
4000's = 1.1 pounds

My AUW is no more than 10 pounds which puts me right where I should be. You'd think I could tell a difference in the way the Slick handles between the two packs at almost 1.5 pounds but I can't. Lot's of guys are worried about a couple of ounces..........ha. This plane is very forgiving and handles a wide variety of setups easily.

gyro

GSN Contributor
excellent info! I know that when I upgraded from the DM4325 to the heavier DM5320, I also noticed no difference in "floatiness" or flight performance, just more power! :)

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
LOL........when you fly like I do you acquire repair skills real fast.

I wouldn't even call it skills, if you ever have to make a repair just look for a good place to start and then get your hands dirty and take your time.

I'd be glad to help if able and the forums are great as well. Most likely someone has "been there; done that" already.