• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 58" Edge 540!!!

The 58" Edge 540! More awesomeness! :)

Setup:
Motor: Exceed RC Rocket 4120-465

ESC: Exceed RC Proton 80AH W/o BEC

BEC: Castle 10AH BEC

Battery: Sky-Lipo (2x) 3s 3300's.

Servos: (Wings) Hitec HS-225MG, (Tail) Hitec HS-5245MG.

My feelings on it?

No doubt the best 50 class airframe out there,
Great handling with little to no Coupling!
With a 6s setup it is crazy good on power!
With SFGs: Very stable with more side force and little coupling.
Without SFGs: Still very stable with a little bit faster roll rate.
Amazing amount of pitch authority, as well as rudder and aileron.
Extremely precise and dead on!
Insane in 3D and can't get crazier.
There's nothing I would change on it!!!
One of the best planes I've flown overall.

Pic_1006_798(1).jpgPic_0824_624.jpg
IMG_6869.jpg58 awesome.jpg

Here's the video it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnCo0kGfo2Y&feature=plcp

Last edited by a moderator:

djmoose

70cc twin V2
No doubt the best 50 class airframe out there,

What other airframes are you comparing this to? I'm not saying I doubt you...it's just a rather bold statement...considering the 57 is absolutely amazing. I'm excited to hear that there is a better airframe then the 57 in this class. (and I;m very interested in why you think so)

I'll even admit I've never flown an EF plane in this size range and I hear a LOT of great stuff about those. How does the 58 compare to one of their ~60" planes?

(your statement is a little "Banana Hobbiy-ish" without some backing...)

gyro

GSN Contributor
What other airframes are you comparing this to? I'm not saying I doubt you...it's just a rather bold statement...considering the 57 is absolutely amazing. I'm excited to hear that there is a better airframe then the 57 in this class. (and I;m very interested in why you think so)

I'll even admit I've never flown an EF plane in this size range and I hear a LOT of great stuff about those. How does the 58 compare to one of their ~60" planes?

(your statement is a little "Banana Hobbiy-ish" without some backing...)

As a mini-review, Steven is just sharing his personal opinion on a product, so I absolutely don't think it's banana hobbyish at all, since they are a vendor, and Steven is a consumer.
I'm really happy he's so excited about the airplane! I don't think he necessarily needs to include what other planes he's flown in the review, but it'd definitely give his opinion a little more street cred

-G

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Steven has actually flown lots of different planes. He's a really good flier and knows what he likes in a plane. And he's only 13. And has a better
attitude than most adults. Ask him how it handles any certain maneuver and I'd bet he could tell you.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I have no doubt in Steven's talent. We all saw him do great at the Ohio Huckfest this year. I believe he won the one trick contest?

I was just asking for some clarification. The 58 is at the top of my 'next plane' list so I'm curious.

We're all friends here.