• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3dhs 47" extra 300 shp wing tube

Mike P

30cc
My son left the wing tube for his plane at the flying field

would someone know the specs of the tube so I could order from one of the composite suppliers the diameter looks to be 1/2" I can cut the length but I am concerned about the wall thickness and getting something with the right strength

or if someone has one I would gladly pay for it
Thanks Mike

gyro

GSN Contributor

would someone know the specs of the tube so I could order from one of the composite suppliers the diameter looks to be 1/2" I can cut the length but I am concerned about the wall thickness and getting something with the right strength

Thanks Mike

Mike, I might have one that will work, I have a few spares. I think the one from a 48" bird will work, if anything you might just have to trim her down a pinch.
So if you (or someone else) can tell me the diameter of the tube... :)

3dplank

70cc twin V2

Thanks Mike

I think i have one ill check in the am:D

Mike P

30cc
My best guess is the diameter is 1/2" I bought a 1/2 " wood dowel and it fits snug also a 1/2" drill bit is snug as well so I assume it would be 1/2"
thanks again
Mike

gyro

GSN Contributor
Mike, I've got a spare tube. 1/2" diameter, about 18 3/8" long. Will this work?
It did come from a 3dhs airplane, either the 48" SV or 48" Velox.

-Gary